Outubro 2019 vol. 6 num. 3 - 7º Simpósio Design Sustentável
Artigo completo - Open Access.
Well-being oriented Social Innovation: the use of Positive Psychology as a design framework
This paper aims at discussing the use of the Well-Being construct proposed by Martin Seligman as a theoretical framework for the design of Social Innovation. As practical and social implications of this discussion, we propose the development of alternative solutions which intentionally focus on their impact on the five dimensions which constitute well-being for the users (positive emotion, engagement, meaning, accomplishments and positive relationships), expanding the positive social impact of these solutions in direct and indirect ways, as well as a creative framework which may allow for the design of new disruptive models of consumption and value exchange between individuals and communities.
Palavras-chave: Positive Design; Positive Psychology; Well-being; Social Innovation; Design Methods,
-  CIPOLLA, C ; MANZINI, E. Relational Services. Knowledge, Technology & Policy (Springer), v. 22, p. 45-50, 2009.
-  CSIKSZENTMIHALYI, M. Flow: the Psychology of Optimal Experience. New York, NY: Harper & Row, 1900.
-  DESMET, P. M. A. & POHLMEYER, A. E. Positive Design: An Introduction to Design for Subjective Well-Being. International Journal of Design Vol. 7 No. 3: p.5-19, 201
-  MANZINI, E. Design, When Everybody Designs: an Introduction to Design for Social Innovation. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2015.
-  MURRAY, R., GRICE, J. & MULGAN, G. The open book of social innovation. Great Britain: NESTA, 2010.
-  NORMAN, D. A. Emotional design: Why we love (or hate) everyday things. New York: Basic Books,2004.
-  RYAN, R. M. & DECI, E. L. Self-Determination Theory and the Facilitation of Intrinsic Motivation,
-  Social Development, and Well-Being. American Psychologist Vol. 55, No. 1, p. 68-78 DOI: 10.1037110003-066X.55.1.68, Jan 2000.
-  SELIGMAN, M. Flourish. New York, NY: Free Press, 2011.
Toledo, Guilherme; Cipolla, Carla; "Well-being oriented Social Innovation: the use of Positive Psychology as a design framework", p. 202-209 . In: .
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/7dsd-1.2.019
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação