Fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
INFLUENCE OF ULTRASOUND PRETREATMENT ON CONVECTIVE DRYING OF PINEAPPLE
The convective drying is a slow operation. Several techniques has been studied to increase the kinetics of process such as the pretreatments in liquids or the application of high intensity ultrasound during both, pretreatment or convective drying. In this work, the influence of the pretreatment (with distilled water (20 and 40 min at 25 °C) on convective drying (40 °C, 1 m s-1) of pineapple slices (2.0 cm diameter, 0.5 cm thickness) was studied. The application of ultrasound during pretreatment (55.5 W/L, 40 kHz) or during convective drying (31 kW m−3; 21.8 kHz) was also addressed. The results showed that the application of ultrasound during the pretreatment and during drying increased water transport and reduced the drying time. The use of ultrasound in the pretreatment or in the convective drying could improve drying processes.
-  AZOUBEL, P. M. et al. Effect of ultrasound on banana cv Pacovan drying kinetics. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 97, n. 2, p. 194–198, mar. 2010.
-  CÁRCEL, J. A. et al. Influence of High-Intensity Ultrasound on Drying Kinetics of Persimmon. Drying Technology, v. 25, n. 1, p. 185–193, 12 fev. 2007.
-  CÁRCEL, J. A. et al. Improvement of Convective Drying of Carrot by Applying Power Ultrasound—Influence of Mass Load Density. Drying Technology, v. 29, n. 2, p. 174–182, 17 jan. 2011.
-  CÁRCEL, J. A.; BENEDITO, J.; MULET, A. Food process innovation through new technologies : Use of ultrasound. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 110, p. 200–207, 2012.
-  CORRÊA, J. . L. G. . et al. Drying of Pineapple by Microwave-Vacuum with Osmotic Pretreatment. Drying Technology, v. 29, n. 13, p. 1556–1561, out. 2011.
-  CORRÊA, J. L. G. et al. The Influence of Ethanol on the Convective Drying of Unripe, Ripe, and Overripe Bananas. Drying Technology, v. 30, n. 8, p. 817–826, jun. 2012a. CORRÊA, J. L. G. et al. The Influence of Ethanol on the Convective Drying of Unripe, Ripe, and Overripe Bananas. Drying Technology, v. 30, n. 8, p. 817–826, 15 jun. 2012b. FERNANDES, F. A N.; LINHARES, F. E.; RODRIGUES, S. Ultrasound as pre-treatment for drying of pineapple. Ultrasonics sonochemistry, v. 15, n. 6, p. 1049–54, set. 2008.
-  FERNANDES, F. A. N.; RODRIGUES, S. Ultrasound as pre-treatment for drying of fruits: Dehydration of banana. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 82, n. 2, p. 261–267, set. 200
-  FRIAS, J. et al. Influence of drying by convective air dryer or power ultrasound on the vitamin C and β-carotene content of carrots. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, v. 58, n. 19, p. 10539–44, 13 out. 2010.
-  Área temática: Engenharia e Tecnologia de Alimentos 5GAMBOA-SANTOS, J. et al. Air-borne ultrasound application in the convective drying of strawberry. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 128, p. 132–139, maio 2014.
-  GARCÍA-PÉREZ, J. V. et al. Modeling Ultrasonically Assisted Convective Drying of Eggplant. Drying Technology, v. 29, n. 13, p. 1499–1509, out. 2011.
-  KUROZAWA, L. E. et al. Ascorbic acid degradation of papaya during drying: Effect of process conditions and glass transition phenomenon. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 123, p. 157–164, fev. 2014.
-  LEE, H.; FENG, H. Effect of ultrasound on food quality. In: FENG, H.; BARBOSA-CANOVAS, G.; WEISS, J. (Eds.). ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIES FOR FOOD AND BIOPROCESSING. Food Engineering Series. New York, NY: Springer New York, 2011. p. 559–582.
-  MUJUMDAR, A. S. Handbook of Industrial Drying. 3rd Editio ed. [s.l.] Taylor Andamp; Francis Group, 2006. p. 1279 OZUNA, C. et al. Improvement of water transport mechanisms during potato drying by applying ultrasound. Journal of the science of food and agriculture, v. 91, n. 14, p. 2511–7, nov. 2011.
-  RAMALLO, L. A.; MASCHERONI, R. H. Quality evaluation of pineapple fruit during drying process. Food and Bioproducts Processing, v. 90, n. 2, p. 275–283, abr. 2012.
-  SANTOS, P. H. S.; SILVA, M. A. Kinetics of L -Ascorbic Acid Degradation in Pineapple Drying under Ethanolic Atmosphere. Drying Technology, v. 27, n. 9, p. 947–954, 18 ago. 2009.
-  ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS The authors would like to thanks CAPES and FAPEMIG, from Brazil, and Ministerio de Economia y Competitividad and FEDER (DPI2013-37466-C03-03), from Spain, by the financial support to this work.
CORRÊA, J. L. G.; RASIA, M. C.; GARCIA-PEREZ, J. V.; MULET, A.; CÁRCEL, J. A.; "INFLUENCE OF ULTRASOUND PRETREATMENT ON CONVECTIVE DRYING OF PINEAPPLE", p. 3991-3996 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-0804-23687-175898
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação