Fevereiro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Full Article - Open Access.
Making Space: the future places, tools and technologies for open Design
This paper discusses the emerging and enabling technologies of open design that have begun to have an impact on design practice; looking at the historic writings of Schumacher and Illich, and how the discourse around the tools, spaces and organising principles being trialed at the present might develop.
Palavras-chave: Open design, Making, Spaces, Design tools,
-  Additive3d. (2012). Comparison Chart of All 3D Printer Choices for Approximately $20,000 or Less. [online]. Last accessed April 26th 2012 at: http://www.additive3d.com/3dpr_cht.htm
-  Atkinson, P, Marshall, J, Unver, E (2006). Automake/FutureFactories. Hub: the National Centre for Craft And Design, Sleaford, UK
-  Bradshaw, S, Bowyer, A, Haufe, P (2010). The Intellectual Property Implications of Low-Cost 3D Printing. ScriptED, 7(1). Last accessed 26th April 2012 at: http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/ahrc/script-ed/vol7-1/bradshaw.asp
-  Carroll, J. M., And Rosson, M. B. (2007). Participatory design in community informatics. Design Studies, 28(3), 243-261
-  Chamberland, P And Roddis, J (2005). Regenerate: a case study of a collaborative design research led new product development. In: Joining forces: Design research, industries and a new interface for competitiveness, University of Art and Design, Helsinki, 22-24 September 200
-  Cousins, J (2012) @MikePress Designers must therefore move beyond their egos, creating enabling systems, processes + features for user adaptation/ improvement. [Twitter]. 3rd April. Available from: https://twitter. com/#!/jaycousins/status/187124326720479232
-  Digital Forming. (2012). [online]. Last accessed 26th April 2012 at: http://www.digitalforming.com/2/post/2012/04/co-design-with-tomdixon-at-milan-design-week-powered-by-digital-forming-technology.html
-  Etherington, R (2012). Dezeen Studio: Saturday at MOST. [online]. Last accessed 26th April at: http://www.dezeen.com/2012/04/21/dezeenstudio-saturdayat-most
-  Fabbaloo (2012). The Beginnings of FDM 3D Printing. [online]. Last accessed 26th April 2012 at: http://fabbaloo.com/blog/2012/4/23/thebeginnings-of-fdm-3d-printing.html
-  Fab Lab FAQ. (2007). [online]. Last accessed 29th April 2012 at: http://fab.cba.mit.edu/about/faq/
-  Franke, N And Piller, F (2004). Value Creation by Toolkits for User Innovation and Design: The Case of the Watch Market. Journal of Product Innovation Management. 21 (6), 401-415
-  Illich, I (1975). Tools For Conviviality. 1st edition. Glasgow, William Collins Sons And Co
-  KATZ, A (2011). Authors and Owners. In: Van Abel, B (et al), Open Design Now Amsterdam, BIS Publishers.
-  Kadushen, R (2010). Open Design Manifesto. [online]. Last accessed 29th April 2012 at: http://www.ronen-kadushin.com/uploads/2440/Open%20Design%20Manifesto-Ronen%20Kadushin%20.pdf
-  Katz, A (2011). Authors and Owners. In: Van Abel, B (et al), Open Design Now Amsterdam, BIS Publishers.
-  Leadbeater, C (2009). We-Think: Mass innovation, not mass production. London, Profile
-  Menchenelli, M (2012). Meet My Maker. [online]. Last accessed 29th April 2012 at: http://www.openp2pdesign.org/2012/fabbing/an-interviewwith-bas-van-abel-about-open-design/#more-2088
-  Open Knowledge Foundation (2012). Our Current Projects. [online]. Last accessed 26th April 2012 at: http://design.okfn.org/current-projects/
-  Parsons, T (2009). The Myths of User-Centred Design. [online]. Last accessed 26th April 2012 at: http://objectthinking.wordpress.com/2009/11/29/tooling-up-the-layman/
-  Pettis, B (2012). Pettis Tweets by @TEDNews. [online]. Last Accessed 26th April 2012 at: http://www.twylah.com/TEDNews/topics/pettis
-  Schumacher, E. F (2011). Small Is Beautiful: A Study of Economics as if People Mattered. 8th edition. London, Vintage
-  Swann, D (2011) ‘NHS at home : a co-design research project to develop a 21st century nursing bag’. In: Ergonomics and human factors, 12-14 April 2011, Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire
-  Troxler, P (2008). Commons-based Peer-Production of Physical Goods: Is there Room for a Hybrid Innovation Ecology? In: The 3rd Free Culture Research Conference, Berlin, 8-9 October 2010. Last accessed 26th April 2012 at: http://wikis.fu-berlin.de/download/attachments/59080767/Troxler-Paper.pdf
-  Vallance, R (2000). Bazaar Design of Nano and Micro Manufacturing Equipment. [online]. Last accessed 26th April 2012 at: http://www.engr.uky.edu/psl/omne/download/BazaarDesignOpenMicroAndNanofabricationEquipment.PDF
DEXTER, Matt; JACKSON, Christopher; "Making Space: the future places, tools and technologies for open Design", p. 302-306 . In: Farias, Priscila Lena; Calvera, Anna; Braga, Marcos da Costa & Schincariol, Zuleica (Eds.). Design frontiers: territories, concepts, technologies [=ICDHS 2012 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2012.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0692-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação