Fevereiro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Full Article - Open Access.
Design for a sustainable culture
The focus of this study is the production of meaning in the work of the Campana Brother and Vik Muniz, exploring through a critical reflection the notion of technology, communication and culture in the globalized society. It is intended, by the symbolic and media dimension from the work of these designers, to reflect on the theoretical universe of the art-design relation, epistemologically approaching design, art, and communication of the contemporary paradigm of complexity. It is considered that the formal and expressive aspects from the work of these designers, demonstrate the mediation of values and meanings that reflect an important trend of the contemporary society: the design of the author as an agent within a system for the sustainability capable of powering significant chains of singularities and differences. In the scenario of post-industrial society, are evident plurality and diversity of socio-cultural processes and the changes produced by them, including the saturation of the systems of symbolic representation, aesthetics and politics. In developments, installs a state of crisis of ethical values on consumption. The perception of these limits has created a new culture of design. The contemporary consumption and the large population increase, but also the lack of natural resources and energy to meet the demand of the current system of production and consumption, has forced a rethink their livelihood patterns of postmodern culture. In this paper, we propose to develop this theme by the strategic design, art and culture in its relationship with sustainable logic. The methodology adopted is of qualitative and exploratory nature, seeking to understand new concepts and contexts of design. The expected results will be the formulation of a paradigm for the sustainable design, of complex and transdisciplinary nature. The goal is to investigate the notion of design-author and to identify in the relationship design between art and design relevant questions about the foundations of innovation guided by culture.
Palavras-chave: Design, Art, Culture, Sustainability,
-  Adorno, T. W. Teoria estética. ed. 70. Lisboa, Portugal, 1970.
-  Baudrillard, J. La société de consommation : ses mythes, ses structures. Denoël. Paris, 1970.
-  Bauman, Z. Europa. Jorge Zahar Ed.: Rio de Janeiro, 2006.
-  Bauman, Z. Globalização: as conseqüências humanas. Jorge Zahar Editor. Rio de Janeiro, 1999.
-  Bergson, H. Matière et mémoire. PUF. Paris, 1999.
-  Bourdieu, P. O poder Simbólico. Bertrand Brasil. Rio de Janeiro, 1998.
-  Deleuze, G. et Guattari, F. Mille Plateaux. Capitalisme et schizophrénie, Éditions de Minuit. Paris, 1980.
-  Deleuze, G. A dobra: Leibniz e o barroco. Papirus. São Paulo, 1991.
-  Floch J.M. Sémiotique, marketing et communication; sous les signes, les strategies. Paris: PUF, 1990.
-  Fontanille. J. Significação e visualidade. Porto Alegre: Sulina, 2005.
-  Foucault, M. Naissance de la Biopolitique : Cours au Collège de France. (1978 - 1979). Seuil / Gallimard, Paris, 2004.
-  Gil. J. Metamorfoses do corpo. Lisboa: Relógio D’Água, 1997.
-  Lipovetsky, G. L’empire de l’éphémère. Gallimard, Paris, 1987.
-  Manzini, E. Design para a inovação social e sustentabilidade: comunidades criativas, organizações colaborativas e novas redes projetuais. Rio de Janeiro: E-Papers, 2008.
-  Marcuse, H. Eros e Civilização: uma interpretação filosófica do pensamento de Freud. LTC Editora. Rio de Janeiro,1999.
-  Morin, E. A minha esquerda. Sulina. Porto Alegre, 2011.
PARODE, Fabio; BENTZ, Ione; "Design for a sustainable culture", p. 524-529 . In: Farias, Priscila Lena; Calvera, Anna; Braga, Marcos da Costa & Schincariol, Zuleica (Eds.). Design frontiers: territories, concepts, technologies [=ICDHS 2012 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2012.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0692-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação