Setembro 2018 vol. 1 num. 5 - XXII Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Oral - Open Access.
COMPLEX PRODUCTION SCHEDULING OPTIMIZATION IN CRUDE-OIL REFINERY INDUSTRIES: MODELING, SOLVING AND HEURISTICS STRATEGIES
The scheduling operations in crude-oil refinery industries are commonly based on simulation of discrete production scenarios for selection, sequence or setups of tanks and unit-operations considering a complex network of continuous-processes within a time-horizon of a week. Although series of works in academia consider continuous-time modeling for optimization of this decision-making, practitioners in the production field rely on discrete time windows to coordinate their operational activities, until now conducted by human beings. However, there are still challenges to automate the solution of such discrete-time problem in reasonable processing time (CPU) for time-steps within the shift of the operators (8h) or even in smaller windows such as 1, 2 or 4 hours. In this direction, this paper introduces modeling, solving and heuristic strategies to handle the complex industrial-sized refinery scheduling problems considering discrete-time formulation. Examples highlights exclusions from several types of heuristic decompositions to reduce the optimization search space in constructive rolling horizon strategies. Additionally, relaxations on mixed-integer linear programs construct the problem by an ad-hoc relax-and-fix iteration.
-  FRANZOI, R. E.; MENEZES B. C.; KELLY J. D.; GUT, J. W. Effective scheduling of complex
-  process-shops using online parameter feedback in crude-oil refineries, 2018.
-  JOLY, M.; ODLOAK, D.; MIYAKE, M.; MENEZES, B. C.; KELLY, J. D. Refinery Production
-  Scheduling Toward Industry 0. Frontiers of Management Engineering, v. 37, p. 1877-1882, 2017.
-  KELLY, J. D. Chronological Decomposition Heuristic for Scheduling: Divide and Conquer Method.
-  AIChE Journal, v. 48, p. 2995-2999, 2002.
-  KELLY, J. D. Flowsheet Decomposition Heuristic for Scheduling: a Relax-and-Fix Method. Computers
-  and Chemical Engineering, v. 28, p. 2193-2200, 2004.
-  KELLY, J. D.; MENEZES, B. C.; GROSSMANN, I. E.; ENGINEER, F. Feedstock Storage Assignment
-  in Process Industry Quality Problems. In Foundations of Computer Aided Process Operations, Tucson,
-  United States, 2017a.
-  KELLY, J. D.; MENEZES, B. C.; ENGINEER, F.; GROSSMANN, I. E. Crude-oil Blend Scheduling
-  Optimization of an Industrial-Sized Refinery: a Discrete-Time Benchmark. In Foundations of Computer
-  Aided Process Operations, Tucson, United States, 2017b
-  MENEZES, B. C.; KELLY, J. D.; GROSSMANN, I. E. Phenomenological decomposition heuristic for
-  process design synthesis of oil-refinery Units. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, v. 37, p. 1877-
-  1882, 2015.
-  MENEZES, B. C.; KELLY, J. D.; GROSSMANN, I. E. Logistics optimization for dispositions and
-  depooling of distillates in oil-refineries: closing the production scheduling and distribution gap.
-  ESCAPE, Graz, Austria, 2018.
-  ZYNGIER, D., KELLY, J. D. Multi-product Inventory Logistics Modeling in The Process Industries.
-  In: Wanpracha Chaovalitwongse, Kevin C. Furman, Panos M. Pardalos (Eds.) Optimization and
-  logistics challenges in the enterprise. Springer optimization and its applications, 30, Part 1, 61, 2009.
MENEZES, B. C; FRANZOI, R. E; KELLY, J. D; GUT, J. A. W; , ; "COMPLEX PRODUCTION SCHEDULING OPTIMIZATION IN CRUDE-OIL REFINERY INDUSTRIES: MODELING, SOLVING AND HEURISTICS STRATEGIES", p. 4143-4146 . In: .
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/cobeq2018-CO.019
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação