Dezembro 2016 vol. 4 num. 1 - 2nd International Seminar on Industrial Innovation in Electrochemistry
Full Article - Open Access.
Comparison between the effect of iron oxide and micaceous iron oxide into intermediate layer on zinc rich epoxy primer by EIS
Protective epoxy organic coatings can be modified in their formulations to reach better characteristics and protective properties against corrosion. In order to study and evaluate the changes in the organic coating regarding its protection capacity against corrosion, the electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) employing a 3.5% NaCl solution (in mass), was used. Carbon steel samples were covered with the organic coating (primer + intermediate layer). For comparison purposes, the same zinc rich epoxy primer was used in analyzed samples. The intermediate layer with and without micáceo iron oxide was applied over the primer. The results obtained by EIS showed significant good results for samples with micaceo iron oxide into the intermediate layer. The EIS measurements confirm that coating containing MIO present a higher value of resistivity comparing with coating without micaceo iron oxide as pigment. MIO coating presented high resistivity comparing the coating with spherical iron oxide pigment due the longer diffusion pathways produced by micáceo iron oxide lamellar shape.
Palavras-chave: paint, primer rich zinc, micáceo iron oxide, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, corrosion, ,
-  M. Kendig, D.J. Mills, An historical perspective on the corrosion protection by paints, Prog. Org. Coat. (2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.porgcoat. 2016.04.044
-  L. W. McKeen, Pigments, Fillers, and Extenders. Fluorinated Coatings and Finishes Handbook (Second Edition), 2016, Pages 83-106.
-  B. N. Popov. Corrosion Inhibitors. Corrosion Engineering, 2015, Pages 581-597.
-  J. Cruz, R. Martınez, J. Genesca, E. Garcıa-Ochoa. Experimental and theoretical study of 1-(2-ethylamino)-2-methylimidazoline as an inhibitor of carbon steel corrosion in acid media. J. of Electroanalytical Chemistry 566 (2004) 111–121.
-  S.Y. Arman, B. Ramezanzadeh, S. Farghadani, M. Mehdipour, A. Rajabi. Application of the electrochemical noise to investigate the corrosion resistance of an epoxy zinc-rich coating loaded with lamellar aluminum and micaceous iron oxide particles. Corrosion Science 77 (2013) 118–127.
-  P. Kalenda, A. Kalendová, V. Štengl, P. Antoš, J. Šubrt, Z. Kváˇca, S. Bakardjieva. Properties of surface-treated mica in anticorrosive coatings. Progress in Organic Coatings 49 (2004) 137–145.
-  M. Mahdavian, M.M. Attar, Another approach in analysis of paint coatings with EIS measurement: Phase angle at high frequencies. Corrosion Science 48 (2006) 4152–415
-  F. Mansfeld, M. W. Kendig, S. Tsai, Evaluation of Corrosion Behavior of Coated Metals with AC Impedance Measurements, CORROSION. 1982;38(9):478-485.
-  John M. McIntyre, Ha Q. Pham. Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy; a coatings optimizations. Progress in Organic Coatings 27 (1996) 201-207.
-  P. L. Bonora, F. Deflorian, L. Fedrizzi. Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy as a tool for investigation under paint corrosion. Ekcrrochimro Acta. Vol. 41. Nos. l/8. pp. 1073. 108.2, 1996.
-  B. Nikravesh, B. Ramezanzadeh, A.A. Sarabi, S.M. Kasiriha. Evaluation of the corrosion resistance of an epoxy-polyamide coating containing different ratios of micaceous iron oxide/Al pigments. Corrosion Science 53 (2011) 1592–1603.
-  C.M. Abreu, M. Izquierw, M. Keddam, X.R. NVOA and H. Takenouti. Electrochemical behavior of zinc rich epoxy paints in 3% NaCl Solution. Electrochimica ACM. Vol. 41. No. 15. pp. 240-2415. 1996.
Castro, B. F. de; Macanhan, R. ; Valentini, M. I.; Berton, M. A. C.; "Comparison between the effect of iron oxide and micaceous iron oxide into intermediate layer on zinc rich epoxy primer by EIS", p. 139-147 . In: Proceedings of 2nd International Seminar on Industrial Innovation in Electrochemistry . São Paulo: Blucher, 2016.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-4043, DOI 10.5151/chempro-s3ie2016-12
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação