fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
COMPARISON OF THE GASIFICATION POTENTIAL OF RICE HUSK SAMPLES FROM BRAZIL AND THAILAND
VIRMOND, E.; SOMRANG, Y.; BOOT-HANDFORD, M.; DEAN, C. C.; FLORIN, N. H.; PATERSON, N. P. M.; MOREIRA, R. F. P. M.; JOSÉ, H. J.; FENNELL, P. S.;
This work aimed at comparing the gasification potential of rice husk samples from Brazil (CAZ1) and Thailand (CAZ2). The pyrolysis step was performed in two pyrolysis reactors under different conditions. The product yields were determined and related to the pyrolysis conditions applied. The biomass and rice husk chars were characterized and overall char combustion and gasification reactivities were measured by thermogravimetry in synthetic air and in CO2, respectively. The differences in samples properties play important roles in the thermochemical conversion steps. These differences may reflect local variations of the agricultural growing conditions, as noticed between the two rice husk samples studied, being the Thai rice husk char more reactive than the Brazilian one both in air and CO2 gasification.
-  ADÁNEZ, J.; DE DIEGO, L.F.; GARCĺA-LABIANO, F.; ABAD, A.; ABANADES, J.C. Determination of biomass char combustion reactivities for FBC applications by a combined method. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., v. 40, p. 4317-4323, 200
-  ARENILLAS, A.; RUBIERA, F.; PARRA, J.B.; PIS, J.J. Influence of char structure on reactivity and nitric oxide emissions. Fuel Processing Technology, v. 77–78, p. 103-109, 200
-  ASADULLAH, M.; ZHANG, S.; MIN, Z.; YIMSIRI, P.; LI, C-Z. Importance of biomass particle size in structural evolution and reactivity of char in steam gasification. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., v. 48, p. 9858-9863, 2009.
-  ASTM D3176, Standard practice for ultimate analysis of coal and coke, September 29, 1989 (reapproved 1997). ASTM D5865, Standard test method for gross calorific value of coal and coke, April 1, 200
-  BAR-ZIV, E.; KANTOROVICH, I.I. Role of porous structure in char oxidation. Applied Thermal Engineering, v. 18, p. 991-1003, 1998.
-  BIAGINI, E.; FANTEI, A.; TOGNOTTI, L. Effect of the heating rate on the devolatilization of biomass residues. Thermochimica Acta, v. 472, p. 55-63, 2008.
-  CETIN, E.; MOGHTADERI, B.; GUPTA, R.; WALL, T.F. Influence of pyrolysis conditions on the structure and gasification reactivity of biomass chars. Fuel, v. 83, p. 2139-2150, 2004.
-  COUSINS, A.; PATERSON, N.; DUGWELL, D.R.; KANDIYOTI, R. An investigation of the reactivity of chars formed in fluidized-bed gasifiers: equipment development and initial tests. Energy Andamp; Fuels, 20, p. 699-704, 2006 a. COUSINS, A.; PATERSON, N.; DUGWELL, D.R.; KANDIYOTI, R. An investigation of the reactivity of chars formed in fluidized-bed gasifiers: the effect of reaction conditions and particle size on coal char reactivity. Energy Andamp; Fuels, v. 20, p. 2489-2497, 2006 b. DABAI, F.; PATERSON, N.; MILLAN, M.; FENNELL, P.S.; KANDIYOTI, R. Tar formation and destruction in a fixed-bed reactor simulating downdraft gasification: equipment development and characterization of tar-cracking products. Energy Fuels, v. 24, p. 4560-4570, 2010.
-  DI BLASI, C.; SIGNORELLI, G.; PORTORICCO, G. Countercurrent fixed-bed gasification of biomass at laboratory Área temática: Engenharia de Reações Químicas e Catálise 78
VIRMOND, E.; SOMRANG, Y.; BOOT-HANDFORD, M.; DEAN, C. C.; FLORIN, N. H.; PATERSON, N. P. M.; MOREIRA, R. F. P. M.; JOSÉ, H. J.; FENNELL, P. S.; "COMPARISON OF THE GASIFICATION POTENTIAL OF RICE HUSK SAMPLES FROM BRAZIL AND THAILAND", p. 10151-10158 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-0794-23804-149093
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação