Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
BAYESIAN MODEL UPDATING OF STOCHASTIC DYNAMIC SOIL-STRUCTURE INTERACTION SYSTEMS WITH MULTIPLE RESOLUTIONS
In this paper, the problem of stochastic modeling of dynamic soil-structure interaction systems and the corresponding model updating problem are considered. Ambient vibration or seismic vibration data can be used to update the model properties of dynamic soilstructure interaction systems. Most existing works for model updating of these types of systems consider only one choice of resolution without paying much attention to the effect of model resolution. In this paper, a Bayesian model updating methodology based on stochastic model classes with multiple resolutions is proposed. The effect of model resolution on the result of the Bayesian model updating will be shown. The proposed methods are illustrated with an example involving a dynamic soil-building-structure system.
Palavras-chave: Bayesian, Stochastic, Model updating, multiple resolutions, Soil-structure interaction system.,
-  Beck, J.L., L.S. Katafygiotis, "Updating Models and Their Uncertainties. I: Bayesian Statistical Framework". Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 124(4), 455-461, 1998.
-  Cheung, S.H., J.L. Beck, "Bayesian model updating using hybrid Monte Carlo simulation with application to structural dynamic models with many uncertain parameters". Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 135, 243, 2009.
-  Ching, J., M. Muto, J.L. Beck, "Structural model updating and health monitoring with incomplete modal data using Gibbs sampler". Computer Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering. 21(4), 242-257, 2006.
-  Muto, M., J.L. Beck, "Bayesian Updating and Model Class Selection for Hysteretic Structural Models Using Stochastic Simulation". Journal of Vibration and Control. 14(1-2), 7-34, 2008.
-  Papadimitriou, C., J.L. Beck, L.S. Katafygiotis, "Updating robust reliability using structural test data". Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics. 16(2), 103-113, 2001.
-  Cheung, S.H., J.L. Beck. "Comparison of Different Model Classes for Bayesian Updating and Robust Predictions using Stochastic State-space System Models". Proc. 10th International Conference on Structural Safety and Reliability (ICOSSAR09). Osaka, Japan, 2009.
-  Van Loan, C., "Computing integrals involving the matrix exponential". Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions on. 23(3), 395-404, 1978.
-  Beck, J.L., K.V. Yuen, "Model Selection Using Response Measurements: Bayesian Probabilistic Approach". Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 130(2), 192-203, 2004.
-  Cheung, S.H., J.L. Beck, "Calculation of posterior probabilities for Bayesian model class assessment and averaging from posterior samples based on dynamic system data". Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering. 25(5), 304-321, 2010.
-  Cover, T.M., J.A. Thomas, J. Wiley, "Elements of information theory". Vol. 6: Wiley Online Library 1991.
-  Papadimitriou, C., J.L. Beck, L.S. Katafygiotis, "Asymptotic Expansions for Reliability and Moments of Uncertain Systems". Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 123(12), 1219-1229, 1997.
-  Ching, J., Y.C. Chen, "Transitional Markov Chain Monte Carlo Method for Bayesian Model Updating, Model Class Selection, and Model Averaging". Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 133(7), 816-832, 2007.
-  Beck, J.L., S.K. Au, "Bayesian Updating of Structural Models and Reliability using Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation". Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 128(4), 380-391, 2002.
-  Jaynes, E.T., "Probability Theory : The Logic of Science", Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. xxix, 727 p. 2003.
Bansal, Sahil; Cheung, Sai Hung; "BAYESIAN MODEL UPDATING OF STOCHASTIC DYNAMIC SOIL-STRUCTURE INTERACTION SYSTEMS WITH MULTIPLE RESOLUTIONS", p. 3338-3346 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19339
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação