agosto 2014 vol. 1 num. 2 - XXII Simpósio Internacional de Engenharia Automotiva
Artigo Completo - Open Access.
WATER INGESTION AND PRESSURE ANALYSIS OF AUTOMOTIVE VEHICLES USING MULTIPHASE CFD
Within the advances in CFD codes and HPC cluster size and processing capacities, multiphase CFD simulations became more feasible not only on research projects but also in production level. This work presents a simulation analysis of an automotive vehicle crossing certain height of water and analyzing the water ingestion by the air intake system and also the pressure load due to the water level and splashes reaching the vehicle. All the calculations were performed by Computational Fluid Dynamics, considering the car crossing 300mm of water height at 20 kph with a simulation time enough to the water reaches the whole car length. Results show the water path at the snorkel region and some part pressure load examples which can be used as an input for structural simulations to evaluate this part at this particular condition.
Palavras-chave: CFD (computational simulation), Multiphase, Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI).,
-  BUSCARIOLO, F.F.; KARBON, K.J., Comparative CFD Analysis Between Rotating and Static Cases of Different Wheels Opening Designs over a Performance Sedan, SAE Paper, Nº 2011-36-0271, Society of Automotive Engineers, 201
-  FLUENT 14.0., User´s Guide, Fluent Inc., 2011.
-  HUCHO, W. H., Aerodynamics of Road Vehicles, From Fluid Mechanics of Vehicle Engineering, 4th Edition, SAE International, 1998.
-  Hypermesh 11.0 User´s manual Altair Computing, Inc., 2011.
-  KATZ, J., Race Car Aerodynamics: Designing for Speed, Bentley Publishers, 199
-  KELLY, K. B.; PROVENCHER, L. G.; SCHENKEL, F. K., The General Motors Engineering Staff Aerodynamics Laboratory – A full Scale Automotive Wind Tunnel, SAE Paper, Nº 820371, Society of Automotive Engineers, 1982.
-  WHITE, F., Fluid Mechanics – fouth edition, McGraw Hill, 1999
-  WIEDEMANN, J., The Influence of Ground Simulation and Wheel Rotation on Aerodynamic Drag Optimization – Potential for Reducing Fuel Consumption, SAE Paper, Nº 960672, Society of Automotive Engineers, 1996.
Buscariolo, Filipe Fabian; Della Volpe, Leonardo José; "WATER INGESTION AND PRESSURE ANALYSIS OF AUTOMOTIVE VEHICLES USING MULTIPHASE CFD", p. 142-149 . In: In Anais do XXII Simpósio Internacional de Engenharia Automotica - SIMEA 2014 [=Blucher Engineering Proceedings].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2357-7592, DOI 10.5151/engpro-simea2014-28
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação