Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 2 - 6th Information Design International Conference
Full Article - Open Access.
The Word Game: a Social Design research tool to visually communicate values, beliefs, and intrinsic motivation
This paper describes a simple analytical technique, referred to as the Word Game (WG), used in the practice of Social Design, a user-centred, intrinsic-motivation-oriented co-design methodology developed in Brazil in the early 1980s.This technique allows for the construction of new symbolic meanings for both users and designers involved in the process, and aims at a better understanding of project parameters. It allows for concepts to be explored and developed further within a visual organisation, so that designers can identify their interlocutor’s intrinsic motivations. These can then be used as a starting point to define the main objective, and allow a meaningful design solution to be constructed.The aim is to describe the technique and how it has been used by graduation students as a research tool, and to discuss its possibilities within a Social Design context.
Palavras-chave: jogo de palavras, ferramenta de pesquisa, motivação intrínseca, design social, word game,
-  DECI Edward L. Andamp; RYAN, Richard M. 1985. Intrinsic motivation and self-determination in human behavior. New York: Plenum Press.
-  PACHECO, H.S. 2010. Involvement in the design student approach. In: Proceedings of Design Research Society’s Conference DRS 2010, Montreal.
-  PACHECO, H.S. and TOLEDO, G. A sparkle in people’s eyes. In: International Conference Design History Society, 8th 2012, São Paulo. Proceedings... São Paulo: 2012.
-  RYAN, R. M. Andamp; DECI, E. L. 2000. Intrinsic and extrinsic motivations: Classic definitions and new directions. In: Contemporary Educational Psychology, 25:54–67.
-  SANDERS, Elizabeth B. Andamp; STAPPERS, Pieter J. 2008. Co-creation and the new landscapes of design. CoDesign, Taylor Andamp; Francis In: www.journalsonline.tandf.co.uk (last accessed 2/2/2012).
-  WARE, Colin. 2008. Visual thinking for design Oxford, Morgan Kaufmann.
-  WARE, Colin. 2013. Information visualization: perception for design – 3rd edition. Waltham: Morgan Kaufmann/Elsevier.
Toledo, Guilherme; Pacheco, Heliana Soneghet; "The Word Game: a Social Design research tool to visually communicate values, beliefs, and intrinsic motivation", p. 760-765 . In: In Coutinho, Solange G.; Moura, Monica; Campello, Silvio Barreto; Cadena, Renata A.; Almeida, Swanne (orgs.). Proceedings of the 6th Information Design International Conference, 5th InfoDesign, 6th CONGIC [= Blucher Design Proceedings, num.2, vol.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0824-2
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação