Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
THE INSPECTION TECHNIQUE APPLIED FOR THE VALIDATION OF A SPE-CIFIC DEVELOPMENT PROCESS FOR SCIENTIFIC SOFTWARE
The increasing demand for software has generated greater need for software de-velopment processes. The literature, on the other hand, does not present processes for the development of scientific software, and, in this way, in previous studies, a Specific Process for Scientific Software (SPSS) was proposed. It was conceived based on the Humphrey’s Meth-odology, which defines that for the acquisition of a process it is necessary the execution of eight steps. Having in mind that the six first steps have already been concluded, the current work considers the execution of the seventh and eighth steps of the Methodology, which are the validation of the initial process and its later improvement. It is important to highlight the significance of these steps because, for a process to ensure its efficiency, it must be tested and validated. So, firstly, a webapp to automate and model the SPSS was developed, in order to help in its implementation. In the continuation of the study, SPSS was applied in real envi-ronments of scientific software development, to obtain results which allow them to be ana-lyzed through a validation technique, by inspection, named VProcInsp. At the end, in spite of some inconsistencies, it was concluded that the SPSS had indicated that it can really contrib-ute in the development of academic scientific software. The results are shown and discussed in this the article.
Palavras-chave: Software Processes, Process Validation, Scientific Software,
-  Cook, J. E, Wolf, A. L., “Software validation: quantitatively measuring the correspond-ence of a process to a model”. ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Method-ology. 8 (2), 147-176, 1999.
-  Ferreira, B, Moita, G. F., “Inspection technique for the validation of software develop-ment processes”. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (MSE). 10, p. 012008, 2010.
-  Gomes, J. O., Moita, G. F., Moreira, A. B., “Comparative analysis of different approaches for the Validation of Software Processes”. In: XXXII CILAMCE Iberian Latin-American Congress on Computational Methods in Engineering, Ouro Preto, Brazil, 2011.
-  Huesh, N. L, Shen, W. H., Yang, Z. W., Yang, D.L., "Applying UML and software simu-lation for process definition, verification, and validation". Information and Software Tech-nology, 50 (9-10), 897-911, 2008.
-  Humphrey, W. S., “A Discipline for Software Engineering”. Addison-Wesley. Reading-MA, 199
-  Moor, A., Delugach H., “Software Process Validation: Comparing Process and Practice Models”. In: Contributions to ICCS 2005, Kassel, Germany. 533- 540, 2005a.
-  Navarro, E. O., Hoek, A. V. D., “Software process modeling for an educational software engineering simulation game”. In: The 5th International Workshop on Software Process Simulation and Modeling. PROSIM, 311- 325, 2005.
-  Pereira Jr, M., Moita, G. F., “Proposta para concepção de um processo de desenvolvimen-to para software científico”. In: VIII Simpósio de Mecânica Computacional, Belo Horizon-te, Brazil, 200
-  Pressman, R. S., “Software Engineering: A Practitioner''s Approach”. 7th ed. Science En-gineering Andamp; Math, 200
-  Purri, M. M. S., “Estudo e Propostas Iniciais para a Definição de um Processo de De-senvolvimento para Software Científico”. M.Sc. Dissertation. Centro Federal de Educação Tecnológica de Minas Gerais – CEFET-MG. Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 2006.
Gomes, J. O.; Moita, G. F.; Moreira, A. B.; "THE INSPECTION TECHNIQUE APPLIED FOR THE VALIDATION OF A SPE-CIFIC DEVELOPMENT PROCESS FOR SCIENTIFIC SOFTWARE", p. 1343-1356 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18380
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação