outubro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 13th International Symposium on Multiscale, Multifunctional and Functionally Graded Materials
Full Article - Open Access.
The Experiment and Simulation of Propagation of Elastic Waves in Functionally Graded Materials with Defects
The experiment of ultrasonic nondestructive testing and the related simulations have been performed to investigate the quality of the functional graded material with defects. The acoustic impedance of this materials is changed gradually along the direction of thickness. Water immersion method is used to filter shear wave in experiment, where A scan and C scan are combined to find defects. The results indicate that the phase position of waveform at the interface is the same as the incident wave when the functional graded material is of no defect. Otherwhise, the phase position of waveform is opposite from at the incident wave at defective field. And the reason of frequency changing in experiment is explained. Then transient numerical simulations of the model are performed in this material using the same loading with experiment. The results of numerical simulations are used to explain the mechanism of the experiment, and should have important guiding significance for the experiment.
Palavras-chave: Functionally graded material, Numerical simulation, Nondestructive, Immersion Method,
-  Feng Shu, The effect of the speed sound caused by sound absorption. Engineering course physics 2(1993) 8-9.
-  H. A. Bruck, A one-dimensional model for designing functionally graded materials to manage stress wave. International Journal of Solids and Structures.37 (2000) 6383-6395.
-  J. Vollmann et al, Elastodynamic wave propagation in graded materials: simulations experiments, phenomena, and applications. Ultrasonics 44 (2006) 1215-1221.
-  Junzhe Zhang, Nondestructive testing technology and its application, Science Press, Beijing, 2010.
-  M.-A. Ploix et al., Measurement of ultrasonic scattering attenuation in austenitic stainless steel welds: Realistic input data for NDT numerical modeling, Ultrasonics (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ultras.2014.04.00
-  G.-M. Zhang et al, Sparse signal representation and its applications in ultrasonic NDE. Ultrasonics 52 (2012) 351–363.
-  X. Jian et al, A model for transient ultrasonic field in solid generated by a transducer in immersion. Sensors and Actuators A 133 (2007) 439-446.
Xue, Dan; Liu, Qiwen; Luo, Guoqiang; Shen, Qiang; Liu, Lisheng; Cao, Dongfeng; "The Experiment and Simulation of Propagation of Elastic Waves in Functionally Graded Materials with Defects", p. 58-61 . In: Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Multiscale, Multifunctional and Functionally Graded Materials [=Blucher Material Science Proceedings, v.1, n.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-9337, DOI 10.5151/matsci-mmfgm-090-f
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação