Março 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - 2nd International Conference of Art, Illustration and Visual Culture in Infant and Primary Education
Article - Open Access.
The “auto-graphical” illustration as a technological and biographical mirror
Our work will address the influence of technology in the construction of a singular graphic voice which, in it’s own turn, gives body to a collective icono-sphere and Visual Culture. I’ll propose a definition of the singular expression of the artist - autographic style - in an attempt to express how this graphic voices mirrored the author’s visual biography. Besides reflection, I’ll focus on the construction of identity – it’s processes - and try to put aside the idea of projection, where techniques and technology are seen as a medium or channel, to present them as substance. - For this idea I’ve elected digital media as the technology that is giving birth to the present visual zeitgeist in illustration, and present the word/concept Adobots to discuss and validate this theory. Bridging between authorship and technology, I’ll speak both about children; the inner-child of the author and the possibilities of meaning construction they give to children in our present society.
Palavras-chave: Illustration, ‘Autographic’, Visual Culture, Technology.,
-  HALL, Christine - Reading, Picturebooks, and Anxieties About Childhood - in: PANTALEO, Sylvia; SIPE, Lawrence – Postmodern Picturebooks. New York: Routledge, 2008 pg 145
-  HIGHBEAM - Illustration: Fellow travelers [online] interview with Jon Forss- Adobot concept. Design Week. Centaur Communications Limited. 2008. [Consult. 19 January 2010] available at: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-187818576.html
-  MÉREDIEU, Florence - Arts et Nouvelles Technologies, Bologne: Ed. Larousse, 2003 p.8
-  MONTERO, Rosa - A Louca da Casa, Lisboa: Ed. ASA, 2008. pg.17
-  PASCOAL, Isabel - Fernando Pessoa Antologia Poética, Lisboa: Ed. Ulisseia, 2005 p. 105
-  SALISBURY, Martin – Mapping the terrain: Illustration for Children. Varoom The Journal of illustration and made images, London: ISSN 1750-483X. nº5 (2007), p. 12 – 37
-  SALISBURY, Martin – The Artist and the Postmodern Picturebook in: PANTALEO, Sylvia; SIPE, Lawrence – Postmodern Picturebooks. New York: Routledge, 2008.
-  SALLISBURY, Martin - Illustrating Children’s Books- creating pictures for publication, Ed.Barrons, New York, 2004.
-  TOFFLER, Alvin - A Terceira Vaga, Ed.Livros do Brasil, Lisboa, 1984.
-  VIEIRA, Joaquim Pinto – “Desenho e vejo a imagem do que imagino que vi” PSIAX, Abril 2008, nº6. Dep. Legal 177350/02 p.20
-  WITHROW, Steven ; WITHROW, Lesley Breen - Illustrating Children’s Picture Books – Ed. Writers Digest Books. 2009.
-  ZEEGEN, Lawrence; CRUSH - The fundamentals of illustration, Ed. Ava, Laussanne, 2005 pg. 95
Afonso, Ana; "The “auto-graphical” illustration as a technological and biographical mirror", p. 240-245 . In: Barbosa, Helena; Quental, Joana [Eds]. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference of Art, Illustration and Visual Culture in Infant and Primary Education.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-695X, ISBN: 978-989-98185-0-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação