Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
STUDY OF WAVE IMPACT ONTO A SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE PLATFORM USING MOVING PARTICLES SEMI-IMPLICIT (MPS) METHOD
This paper presents a study on the complex phenomenon of fluid-structure interac-tion involving the wave impact onto semi-submersible platform by using Moving Particles Semi-Implicit (MPS) method. The MPS method is a fully lagrangian particle-based which is originally developed to model incompressible flows and is promising in highly non-linear phenomena analysis, such as the hydrodynamic impact with large free surface deformation and fragmentation. Is this study hydrodynamics of wave in deck impact and wave runup in two different type of semi-submersible platforms, with square section columns and with circu-lar section column are considered. Also, the effects of the motion of the platforms of the phe-nomena are analyzed by comparing the responses when the platform is fixed and is free float-ing with coupled heavy and pitching motions.
Palavras-chave: fluid-structure interaction, particle method, semi-submersible platform, wave impact, offshore numerical tank,
-  R. Baarholm, "Experimental and Theoretical Study of Three-dimensional Effects on Vertical Wave-in-deck Forces," 30th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Artic Engineering, 2009.
-  T. E. Kendon, C. Pakosdy, R. J. Baarholm, P. A. Berthelsen, C. Stansberg and S. Enger, "wave-in-deck impact: comparing CFD, simple methods, and model tests," in Proceedings of the ASME 2010 29th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, Shanghai, 2010.
-  M. Sueyoshi, M. Kashiwagi and S. Naito, "Numerical Analysis of Wave Induced Non-Linear Motions of a Two-Dimensional Floating Body by the Moving Particles Semi-Implicit Methos," Journal of MArine Science and Technology, 13(2), pp. 85-98, 2008.
-  B. Iwanowski, M. Lefranc and R. Wemmenhove, "CFD Simulation of Wave Run-up on a Semi-Submersible and Comparison with Experiment," Proceedings of the ASME 28th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Artic Engineering, 2009.
-  A. Lal and M. Elangovan, "CFD Simulation and Validation of Flap Type Wave-Maker," World Academy of Sciences, Engineering and Technology, pp. 76-82, 2008.
-  R. G. Dean and R. A. Dalrymple, Water Wave Mechanics, for Engineers and Scientists, Prentice Hall, 1984.
-  C. A. Bellezi and L. Y. Cheng, "Análise do Impacto de Ondas no Convés Inferior de Plataformas Offshore por Método Moving Particles Semi-Implicit (MPS)," in IberianLatin American Congress on Computational Methods in Engineering, Ouro Preto, Brasil, 2011.
-  C. A. Bellezi, F. A. Marcus, C. Liang-Yee and K. Nishimoto, "Análise de Hidrodinâmica Não-linear por Método MPS: Suavização da Flutuação de Pressão," 30º Iberian-Latin-American Congress on Computational Methods in Engineering, 2009.
-  M. M. Tsukamoto, L.-Y. Cheng and K. Nishimoto, "Numerical Study of the Motions in Shalow Water Waves of Floating Bodies Elastically Linked to the Bottom," in Proceedings of the ASME 28th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Artic Engineering, Honolulu, Hawaii, 200
-  S. Koshizuka and Y. Oka, "A Particle Method for Complex Fluid Dynamics with Interfaces," in JSME Centennial Grand Congress, International Conference on Fluid Engineering, Tokyo, 1997.
-  K. Shibata, S. Koshizuka and K. Tanizawa, "Three-dimensional Numerical Analysis of Shipping Water Onto a Moving Ship Using a Particle Method," Journal of Marine Science and Technology, pp. 214-227, 2009.
-  K. Shibata and S. Koshizuka, "Numerical Analysis of Shipping Water Impact on a Deck Using a Particle Method," Ocean Engineering, vol. 34, p. 585–593, 2007.
-  C. A. Bellezi, S. B. T. Mendes and L. Y. Cheng, "Estudo do Slamming em Cunha em V, Cilindro e Parábolas por Método Moving Particles Semi-Implicit (MPS)," in IberianLatin American Congress on Computational Methods in Engineering, Ouro Preto, Brasil, 2011.
Bellezi, C. A.; Cheng, L. Y.; "STUDY OF WAVE IMPACT ONTO A SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE PLATFORM USING MOVING PARTICLES SEMI-IMPLICIT (MPS) METHOD", p. 1875-1889 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18575
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação