Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
STRUCTURAL OPTIMIZATION USING ARTIFICIAL IMMUNE SYSTEM (AIS)
In this paper a new evolutionary computational paradigm – Artificial Immune System (AIS) is explored for the optimal design of truss structures. CLONal selection ALGorithm (CLONALG) which is imitated by the basic principle of adaptive immune response to the virus stimulus is one of the extensively used models of AIS. Since optimal design of truss structures involves multi modal search space and being CLONALG proved very effective in solving multi modal optimization problems, the algorithm is employed for the task of optimization. The effectiveness of the algorithm is demonstrated for 2D/3D truss problems. The results are compared with other conventional mathematical approaches and evolutionary techniques.
Palavras-chave: Evolutionary Computation, Artificial Immune System, Structural Optimization, Truss Structures,
-  Aragon, V.S., Esquivel, S.C., Coello, C.A.: Artificial Immune System for Solving Constrained Optimization Problem. Revista Iberoamericana de Inteligencia Artificial. 35, 55-66 (2007)
-  Camp, C., Bichon, J.: Design of space trusses using ant colony optimization. J. Struct Engg ASCE. 130(5), 741-51 (2004)
-  Coello, CA, Christiansen AD.: Multi-objective optimization of trusses using genetic algorithm .J. Comput Struct. Vol. 75(6), pp.647-60 (2000)
-  Coello, N., Cruz-Cortes, N.: Multi objective optimizations using ideas from the clonal selection principle. In: Genetic and Evolutionary Computational Conference, GECCO 2003, Lecture notes in computer science. Vol 2723, Springer, Berlin, pp 158-170 (2003)
-  De Castro, L.N., Von Zuben, F. J.: Learning and optimization using the clonal selection principle. IEEE transactions on evolutionary computation. 63, 239-251 (2002)
-  De Castro, L.N., Von Zuben, F. J.: Artificial immune systems: Part 1. Basic theory and applications. Technical report RT DCA. 01/99 (1999)
-  De Castro, L.N., Von Zuben, F. J.: The Clonal Selection Algorithm with Engineering Applications. In: GECCO’00, Workshop on Artificial Immune Systems and Their Applications. 36-37 (2000)
-  Deb K, Gulati, S.: Design of truss-structures for minimum weight using genetic algorithms. J. Finite Elem Anal Design. 37,447-65 (2001)
-  Fourie, P.C, Groenwold, A.A.: The particle swarm optimization algorithm in size and shape optimization. J. Struct Multidisc Optim.23,259-67 (2002)
-  Kaveh, A., Talatahari, S.: Particle swarm optimizer, ant colony strategy and harmony search scheme hybridized for optimization of truss structures. J. Comput Struct. 87, 267-283 (2009)
-  Lee, K.S., Geem, Z.W.: A New Structural Optimization Method Based on the Harmony Search Algorithm. J. Comput. Struct. Vol. 82(9/10), pp.781-798 (2004)
-  Li, L.J., Huand, Z.B., Liu, F., Wu, Q.H.: A heuristic particle swarm optimizer for optimization of pin connected structures . J.comput struct . 85, 340-9 (2007)
-  Moh, J.S., Chiang, D.Y.: Improved simulated annealing search for structural optimization. J. AIAA. 38(10), 1965-73 (2000)
-  Omkar, S.N., Khandelwal, R., Yathindra, S., Naik, N., Gopalakrishnan, G.S.: Artificial immune system for multi-objective design optimization of composite structures J. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. 21, 1416-1429 (2008)
-  Tazawa, I., Koakutsu. S., Hirata. H.: An immunity based genetic algorithm and its application to the VLSI floorplan design problem. Proceedings IEEE International conference on evolution computing, 417–21 (1996)
Botu, Sai Sushank; Barai, S V; "STRUCTURAL OPTIMIZATION USING ARTIFICIAL IMMUNE SYSTEM (AIS)", p. 1849-1859 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18566
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação