fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
STEAM GASIFICATION OF A BRAZILIAN SUBBITUMINOUS COAL AIMING THE PRODUCTION OF SYNGAS
The aim of this work was to investigate the gasification of a Brazilian low-rank coal in the temperature range of 1023-1198 K and steam concentration range of 10-40% in order to evaluate the reaction rate and the product gas composition. Prior to the gasification experiments the raw coal was pyrolysed in a tubular reactor, under N2 atmosphere and at a temperature of 1173 K. The coal and char samples were characterized by several techniques. The gasification experiments were performed in a thermobalance, at atmospheric pressure and isothermal conditions. The reactivity study was conducted in the kinetically controlled regime, three theoretical models were tested to fit the experimental data and the kinetic parameters were determined. It was found that an increase in temperature and steam concentration enhances the reaction rate and also the formation of H2, CO and CO2. The gasification kinetics was suitably described by the Shrinking Core Model and an activation energy of 158 kJ/mol and a reaction order of 0.78 (related to the steam composition) were found. The H2/CO ratio remained nearly constant, about 3.0, in all gasification experiments.
-  ASTM E 1131-03 - American Society for Testing and Material: Standard Test Method for Compositional Analysis by Thermogravimetry. 2004.
-  ASTM D5373-02 - American Society for Testing and Material: Standard Test Methods for Instrumental Determination of Carbon, Hydrogen, and Nitrogen in Laboratory Samples of Coal. 200
-  ASTM D2015 - American Society for Testing and Material: Standard Test Method for Gross Calorific Value of Coal and Coke by the Adiabatic Bomb Calorimeter. 2000.
-  BHATIA, S. K.; PERLMUTTER, D. D. A random pore model for fluid-solid reactions: I. Isothermal, kinetic control. AIChe Journal, v. 27, p. 247-54, 1980.
-  BP Statistical Review of World Energy, June 2013. bp.com/statisticalreview CAO, Y. Synthesis Gas Production with an Adjustable H2/CO Ratio through the Coal Gasification Process: Effects of Coal Ranks And Methane Addition. Energy Andamp; Fuels, v. 22, p. 1720-1730, 2008.
-  COLLAZZO, GC. Gaseificação de Carvões Nacionais com Vapor de Água Visando a Produção de Gás de Síntese. Thesis, UFSC, Florianópolis, 2013.
-  Área temática: Engenharia de Reações Químicas e Catálise 7COLLOT, A-G. Matching gasification technologies to coal properties. International Journal of Coal geology, v. 65, p. 191-212, 2006.
-  DOMENICO, MD. Gaseificação de Carvão Mineral Brasileiro na Presença de Ortossilicato de Lítio Visando a Produção Aumentada de Hidrogênio. Thesis, UFSC, Florianópolis, 2013.
-  FERMOSO, J.; ARIAS, B.; PEVIDA, C.; PLAZA, M. G.; RUBIERA, F.; PIS, J.J. Kinetic models comparison for steam gasification of different nature chars. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, v. 91, p. 779-86, 1998.
-  ISHIDA, M.; WEN, C.Y. Comparison of zone-reation model and unreacted-core shrink model in solid-gas reactions - I (isothermal analysis). Chemical Engineering Science, v. 76, p. 1032-41, 1971.
-  ISO 7404/3 - International Standard: Methods for the petrographic analysis of bituminous coal and anthracite - Part 3: Method of determining maceral group composition. 1984.
-  ISO 7404/3 - International Standard: Methods for the petrographic analysis of bituminous coal and anthracite - Part 5: Method of determining microscopically the reflectance of vitrinite. 1984.
-  JOSÉ, HJ. Zur Reaktivität von Koksen aus Santa Catarina-Steinkohle, Brasilien, bei der Vergasung mit Wasserdampf und Kohlendioxid. Thesis, RWTH Aachen, Germany, 1989.
-  JÜNTGEN, H. Application of catalysts to coal gasification processes. Incentives and Perspectives. Fuel, v. 62, p. 234-38, 1983.
-  LEVENSPIEL, O. Chemical Reaction Engineering. 2. Ed. Nova York: John Wiley Andamp; Sons, 1967. 501p. MINCHENER, A. Coal gasification for advanced power generation. Fuel, v. 84, p. 2222-35, 2005.
-  MOLINA, A; MONDRAGÓN, F. Reactivity of coal gasification with steam and CO2. Fuel, v. 77, p. 1831-39, 1998.
-  OCHOA, J; CASSANELLO, MC; BONELLI, PR; CUKIERAN, AL. CO2 gasification of Argentinean coal chars: a kinetic characterization. Fuel Processing Technol., v. 74, p. 161-76, 2001.
-  SCHMAL, M; MONTEIRO, JLF; CASTELLAN, JL. Kinetics of coal gasification. Ind. Eng. Chem. Process Des. Dev., v. 21, p. 256-66, 1982.
-  SHAW, KJ; BEAMISH, BB; RODGERS, KA. Thermogravimetric analytical procedures for determining reactivities of chars from New Zealand coals. Thermochimica Acta, v. 302, p. 181-87, 1997.
-  SZEKELY, Y.J.; EVANS, J.W. A structural model for gas-solid reactions with a moving boundary. Chemical Engineering Science, v. 25, p.1091, 1970.
-  WEN, C.Y. Noncatalytic heterogeneous solid-fluid reaction models. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, v. 60, p. 34-54, 1968.
DOMENICO, M. D.; COLLAZZO, G. C.; JOSÉ, H. J.; MOREIRA, R. F. P. M.; "STEAM GASIFICATION OF A BRAZILIAN SUBBITUMINOUS COAL AIMING THE PRODUCTION OF SYNGAS", p. 9751-9758 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-0068-27218-173078
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação