setembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 2 - V Encontro Científico de Física Aplicada
Artigo Completo - Open Access.
Size-strain analysis in RE-doped KY3F10 fluorides using X-ray line profile analysis
Artigo Completo :
Due to their optical properties and multitudinous applications in optoelectronic and laser devices, the interest in studying luminescent nanostructured materials is growing. In this work the crystallite size distribution of nanostructured rare-earth doped KY3F10 fluorides were determined as a first step to understand its microstructure behavior when different dopants are introduced. A pure and two RE-doped samples of KY3F10 were analyzed in order to verify the dopant influence in the size distribution of its crystallites. The Warren-Averbach method of X-ray line profile analysis was applied to obtain the area-weighted mean crystallite size. Alternatively, the volume-weighted mean crystallite size was calculated using a Full Profile Fitting method known as Pawley method without reference to a structural model. The results provided by the two methods were used to determine the crystallite size distribution, in order to obtain a more detailed study of the microstructure.
Artigo Completo :
Palavras-chave: X-ray line profile analysis, Warren-Averbach, Pawley method, crystallite size distribution,
-  LINHARES, H.M.S.M.D, PhD. Thesis, University of São Paulo, São Paulo, 2014.
-  PAWLEY, G. S. J. Appl. Cryst., v. 14, p. 357-361, 1981.
-  WARREN, B. E.; AVERBACH, B. L. J. Appl. Phys., v. 21, p. 595-599 , 1950.
-  GALVÃO, A. S. A. M.Sc. Thesis, University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil, 2011.
-  MARTINEZ, L. G. et al., in 2010 LNLS Activity Report, Campinas, Brazil, edited by Angelo Malachias (University of Minas Gerais, Brazil), pp.126.
-  TORAYA, H. J. Appl. Cryst., v. 19, p. 440-447, 198
-  DINNEBIER, R. E.; BILLINGE, S. J. L. Powder Diffraction: Theory and Practice. RSC Publishing. 2008.
-  TORAYA, H. The Rigaku Journal., v. 6, p. 28-34. 1989.
-  COELHO, A. Topas Academic Version 4.1. Computer Software, Topas Academic, Coelho Software, Brisbane, 2007.
-  KRILL, C. E.; BIRRINGER, R. Philos. Mag. A, v. 77, p. 621-640, 1998.
-  ARMSTRONG, N. et al., in Diffraction Analysis of the Microstructure of Materials, ed. E. J. Mittemeijer and P. Scardi, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, p. 187, 2004.
-  MARTINEZ, L. G. M.Sc. Thesis, University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil, 1989.
-  ICHIKAWA, R. U. M.Sc. Thesis, University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil (2013).
Ichikawa, R. U.; Martinez, L. G.; Imakuma, K.; Linhares, H.M.S.M.D.; Ranieri, I. M.; Turrillas, X.; "Size-strain analysis in RE-doped KY3F10 fluorides using X-ray line profile analysis", p. 111-114 . In: Anais do V Encontro Científico de Física Aplicada [= Blucher Physics Proceedings, n.1, v.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-2359, DOI 10.5151/phypro-ecfa-050
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação