Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
RELIABILITY OF COMPUTER DESIGNED SURGICAL GUIDES IN SIX IMPLANT REHABILITATIONS WITH TWO YEARS FOLLOW-UP
To evaluate the reliability and accuracy of computer-designed surgical guides in osseointegrated oral implant rehabilitation. Materials and methods: Six implant rehabilitations, with a total of 17 implants, were completed with computer-designed surgical guides, performed with the master model developed by muco-compressive and muco-static impressions. In the first case, the surgical guide had exclusively mucosal support, in the second case exclusively dental support. For all six cases computer-aided surgical planning was performed by virtual analyses with 3D models obtained by dental scan DICOM data. The accuracy and stability of implant osseointegration over two years post surgery was then evaluated with clinical and radiographic examinations. Radiographic examination, performed with digital acquisitions (RVG - Radio Video graph) and parallel techniques, allowed two-dimensional feedback with a margin of linear error of 10 percent. Results: Implant osseointegration was recorded for all the examined rehabilitations. During the clinical and radiographic post-surgical assessments, over the following two years, the peri-implant bone level was found to be stable and without appearance of any complications. The margin of error recorded between pre-operative positions assigned by virtual analysis and the post-surgical digital radiographic observations was as low as 0.2 mm. Conclusions: Computer-guided implant surgery can be very effective in oral rehabilitations, providing an opportunity for the surgeon: (a) to avoid the necessity of muco-periosteal detachments and then (b) to perform minimally invasive interventions, whenever appropriate, with a flapless approach.
Palavras-chave: Surgical guides, Virtual Modeling, Osseointegration, Minimally invasive approach, Muco-compressive impression, Muco-static impression.,
-  Aglietta M, Siciliano VI, Zwahlen M, et al. A. systematic review of the survival and complication rates of implant supported fixed dental prostheses with cantilever extensions after an observation period of at least 5 years. Clin Oral Implants Res 2009; 20:441-45
-  Jung RE, Pjetursson BE, Glauser R, Zembic A, Zwahlen M, Lang NP. A systematic review of the 5-year survival and complication rates of implant-supported single crowns. Clin Oral Implants Res 2008; 19:119-1.30.
-  Pjetursson BE, Tan K, Lang NP, Bragger U, Egger M, Zwahlen M. A systematic review of the survival and complication rates of fixed partial dentures (FPDs) after an observation period of at least 5 years. Clin Oral Implants Res 2004; 15:667-676.
-  Bianco J,Carral C, Linares A,Perez J,Munoz F. Soft tissue dimension in flapless immediate implants with and whithout immediate loading: an experimental study in beagle dog. Clin Oral Implants Res 2011
-  Bianco J,Linares A,Villaverde G,Perez j,Munoz F. Flapless immediate implant placement with or without immediate loading: a histomorphometric study in beogle dog. J Clin Periodontol 2010
-  Rousseau P. Flapless and traditional dental implant surgery: an open, retrospective comparative study. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2010
-  Garg AK, Vicari A. Radiographic modalities for diagnosis and treatment planning in implant dentistry. Implant Soc 1995; 5:7-11.
-  Lam EW, Ruprecht A, Yang J. Comparison of twodimensionai orthoradially reformatted computed tomography and panoramic radiography for dental implant treatment planning. J Prosthet Dent 1995; 74:42-46.
-  Sakakura CE, Morais JA, Loffredo LC, Scaf G. A survey of radiographic prescription in dental implant assessment. Dentomaxillofac Radiol 2003; 32:397-400.
-  White SC, Heslop EW, Hollender LG, Mosier KM, Ruprecht A, Shrout MK. Parameters of radiologìc care: an official report of the american academy of oral and maxillofacial radiology. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2001; 91:498-511.
-  Aranyarachkul P, Caruso J, Gantes B, et al. Bone density assessments of dental implant sites: 2. Quantitative conebeam computerized tomography. Int j Oral Maxillofac Implants 2005; 20:416-424.
-  Bolin A, Eliasson S, von Beetzen M, Jansson L. Radiographic evaluation of mandibular posterior implant sites: correlation between panoramic and tomographic determinations. Clin Oral Implants Res 1996; 7:354-359.
-  Gray CF, Redpath TW, Bainton R, Smith FW. Magnetic resonance imagíng assessment of a sinus lift operation using reoxidised cellulose (Surgicel) as graft material. Clin Oral Implants Res 2001; 12:526-530.
-  Gahleitner A, Podesser B, Schick S, Watzek G, Imhof H. Dental CT and orthodontic implants: ímaging technique and assessment of available bone volume in the hard palate. Eur J Radiol 2004; 7:257-262.
-  Bevilaqua M,Tealdo T,Menini M,Pera F,Mossolov A,Drago C,Pera P. The influence of cantiliver length and implant inclination on stress distribution in maxyllary implantsuppoprted fixed dentures.J Prosthet Dent. 2011;105:5-13
-  Lazzerini F, Minorati D, Nessi R, Gagliani M, Uslenghi CM. The measurement parameters in dental radiography: a comparison between traditional and digital technics.Radiol Med. 1996 Apr;91(4):364-9. Italian.
-  Widmann G, Baie RJ. Accuracy in computer-aided implant surgery - a review. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2006; 21:305-313.
-  Pettersson A, Komiyama A, Hultin M, Nasstróm K, Klinge B. Accuracy of virtually planned and template guided implant surgery on edentate patients. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 2010; May 11. DOI: 10.1111/j.1708-8208.2010.00285.x.[Epub ahead of print].
-  Stumpel LJ. Deformation of stereolithographicaliy produced surgical guides: an observational case series report. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 2010; Feb li. DO!: 10.1111/ j.1708-8208.2010.00268.x.[Epub ahead of print].
Giordano, M.; Ausiello, P.; Martorelli, M.; Sorrentino, R.; Watts, D. C.; "RELIABILITY OF COMPUTER DESIGNED SURGICAL GUIDES IN SIX IMPLANT REHABILITATIONS WITH TWO YEARS FOLLOW-UP", p. 2404-2419 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18859
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação