fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
REACTIVE DISTILLATION: AN INTERESTING INTENSIFICATION PROCESS TECHNOLOGY
SUMMARY – Processium, a French company newly implemented in Brazil, is an expert in industrial process engineering. We design, develop and improve processes for chemical, petrochemical and biotech industries. CAPEX and OPEX are key criteria to effectively operate a process. Reactive distillation is a process intensification technology particularly suitable to reduce these costs. We present a design study of an ester hydrolysis process in which different reactive distillation configuration are compared. The process specification on low residual ester content implies a very high rate of conversion. Reactive distillation achieves this goal without recycling and consequently allows the utilization of compact equipments. Thermodynamic and kinetic data are measured and modeled to develop reliable process simulation models. After process optimization, the economic optimum is determined for each process. The next step is experimental validation in a pilot-scale reactive distillation column.
-  ARPORNWICHANOP, A.; KOOMSUP, K.; KITKITTIPONG, W.; PRASERTHDAM, P.; ASSABUMRUNGRAT, S. Production of n-butyl acetate from dilute acetic acid and n-butanol using different reactive distillation systems: Economic analysis. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, Volume 40, Issue 1, January 2009, Pages 21-28.
-  CHAUVEL, A. ; FOURNIER, G. ; RAIMBAULT, C. Manuel d’évaluation économique des procédés. Editions TECHNIP, 2001. Publication de l’Institut Français du Pétrole. HUANG, S-G.; YU, C-C. Sensitivity of thermodynamic model parameter to the design of heterogeneous reactive distillation: amyl acetate esterification. Journal of the Chinese Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2003, Pages 345-355.
-  Área temática: Engenharia das Separações e Termodinâmica 7HUNG, W-J.; LAI, I-K.; CHEN, Y-W.; HUNG, S-B.; HUANG, H-P.; LEE, M-J.; YU, C-C. Process chemistry and design alternatives for converting dilute acetic acid to esters in reactive distillation. Ind. Eng. Chem. Re. 2006, 45 1722-173
-  IFPN (Institut Français du Pétrole). Patent number: 5,776,320; US005776320A. JAN HARMSEN, G. Reactive distillation: The front-runner of industrial process intensification. A full review of commercial application, research, scale-up, design and operation. Chemical Engineering and Processing 46 (2007) 774–780.
-  LAI, I-K.; HUNG, S-B.; HUNG, W-J.; YU, C-C.; LEE, M-J.; HUANG, H-P. Design and control of reactive distillation for ethyl and isopropyl acetates production with azeotropic feeds. Chemical Engineering Science 62 (2007) 878-898.
-  SIIROLA, J.J. Industrial applications of chemical process synthesis. .Advances in Chemical Engineering, Process Synthesis vol. 23, Academic Press, 199
-  SIIROLA, J.J. Synthesis of equipment with integrated functionality. Syllabus First Dutch Process Intensification: Profits for the Chemical Industry Symposium, 7 May, 1998.
DAVID, T.; FERREIRA, J. F. BENEVIDES; ROUSSEAUX, P.; "REACTIVE DISTILLATION: AN INTERESTING INTENSIFICATION PROCESS TECHNOLOGY", p. 15555-15562 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-1325-19859-148613
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação