Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
PROBABILISTIC DYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF A SOIL-STRUCTURE SYSTEM SUBJECTED TO A STOCHASTIC EARTHQUAKE GROUND-MOTION
In this paper, a probabilistic dynamic analysis of a five-storey building subjected to a stochastic earthquake Ground-Motion (GM) is presented. The entire soil-structure system is considered in the analysis. The stochastic GM time-histories are based on a real recorded time history. The probabilistic dynamic analysis is performed using the classical Monte Carlo Simulation (MCS) methodology. As is well known, this method requires a great number of calls of the deterministic model. To overcome the inconvenience of the time cost, a simple deterministic model based on the "macro-element" concept is used. The main advantage of the macro-element is that the time cost for a single deterministic calculation is relatively small and thus, this model is suitable for the probabilistic dynamic analysis. The simulation of the stochastic GM time-histories is done using a fully nonstationary stochastic model in both the time and the frequency domains. This model employs filtering of a discretized white-noise process. Non-stationarity is achieved by modulating the intensity and by varying the filter properties in time. As for the probabilistic analysis, a large number of samples (say 100,000) of the stochastic GM time-histories is generated using Monte Carlo technique. For each sample, a dynamic calculation using the macro-element is performed and the following responses are retained for the probabilistic analysis: (i) the maximum horizontal displacement at the top of the building, (ii) the three maximum displacements of the footing centre, and finally (iii) the three maximum reaction forces at the contact of the soil and the footing. These results are used to compute the statistical moments of the different system responses together with the probability of exceeding of predefined thresholds for these responses.
Palavras-chave: dynamic analysis, stochastic ground-motion, macro-element,
-  CAMUS International Benchmark. Mock-up and loading characteristics, specifications for the participants report, Report I, CEA and GEO 1997.
-  Cassidy MJ, Byrne BW, Houlsby GT. Modelling the behaviour of circular footings under combined loading on loose carbonate sand. Géotechnique 2002; 52(10):705–71
-  Crémer C, Pecker A, Davenne L. Cyclic macro-element for soil–structure interaction: material and geometrical non-linearities. International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics 2001; 25(13): 1257–1284.
-  Crémer C, Pecker A, Davenne L. Modelling of nonlinear dynamic behaviour of a shallow strip foundation with macro-element. Journal of Earthquake Engineering 2002; 6(2):175–211.
-  Grange, S. Risque sismique: stratégie de modélisation pour simuler la réponse des structures en béton et leurs interactions avec le sol. PhD Thesis INPG 2008
-  Grange S, Kotronis P, and Mazars, J. A macro-element to simulate 3D soil–structure interaction considering plasticity and uplift. International Journal of Solids and Structures 46 (2009) 3651–3663
-  Grange S, Kotronis P, and Mazars, J A macro-element to simulate dynamic Soil-Structure Interaction. Engineering Structures 31 (2009) 3034–3046
-  Housner GW. The behaviour of inverted pendulum structures during earthquakes. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 1963; 53(2):403–417.
-  Kausel E, Whitman A, Murray J, Elsabee F. The spring method for embedded foundations. Nuclear Engineering and Design 1978; 48:377–392.
-  Nova R, Montrasio L. Settlements of shallow foundations on sand. Géotechnique 1991; 41(2):243 256.
-  Pecker A. Dynamique des Sols. Presse, ENPC: Paris, France, 1984.
-  Prévost JH. DYNAFLOW. A finite element analysis program for static and transient response of linear and nonlinear two and three dimensional systems. User Manual, Department of Civil Engineering, Princeton University, 1999.
-  Psycharis IN. Dynamic behavior of rocking structures allowed to uplift. Journal of Earth Engineering and Structural Dynamics 1983; 11:57–76, 501–521.
-  Rezaeian S, and Der Kiureghian A. A stochastic ground motion model with separable temporal and spectral nonstationarity. Earthquake Engineering and structural dynamics 2008; 37: 1565–1584.
-  Rezaeian S, and Der Kiureghian A. Simulation of synthetic ground motions for specified earthquake and site characteristics. Earthquake Engineering and structural dynamics 2010; 39: 1155– 1180.
T, Al-Bittar; P, Kotronis; S, Grange; A-H, Soubra; "PROBABILISTIC DYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF A SOIL-STRUCTURE SYSTEM SUBJECTED TO A STOCHASTIC EARTHQUAKE GROUND-MOTION", p. 1918-1928 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18591
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação