fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
PRESSURE DROP ANALYSIS IN COOLING WATERNETWORKS
Cooling water systems are the most common method for the re-jection of waste heat in chemical processes. Conventional re-circulating cool-ing water systems have a network of coolers in a parallel configuration, de-manding both large cooling water circulation and cooling towers. Althoughreuse of cooling water reduces the amount of water that is necessary in the sys-tem and, hence, increases the cooling tower performance and capacity, it maysignificantly increase the pressure drop due to series-parallel arrangements.This paper develops a methodology for the pressure drop calculation basedon the Graph Theory. From the adjacency matrix of cooler network, it uses thetopological sorting and critical path algorithms in order to evaluate the pres-sure drop in a network with coolers in series-parallel arrangements. Applyingthis methodology to a cooler network with cooling water reuse, it is possibleto analyse the impact of increased pressure drop when compared to a network
-  DEO, N. Graph theory with applications to engineering and computer science. PHILearning Pvt. Ltd., 1974.
-  GOLOLO, K. V.; MAJOZI, T. Complex cooling water systems optimization withpressure drop consideration. Industrial Andamp; Engineering Chemistry Research, 52(22),7056–7065, 201
-  GROSS, J. L.; YELLEN, J. Graph theory and its applications. CRC press, 2005.
-  KIM, J.-K.; SMITH, R. Cooling water system design. Chemical Engineering Science,56(12), 3641–3658, 2001.
-  KIM, J.-K.; SMITH, R. Automated retrofit design of cooling-water systems. AIChEjournal, 49(7), 1712–1730, 2003.
-  PANJESHAHI, M.; ATAEI, A.; GHARAIE, M.; PARAND, R. Optimum design of cool-ing water systems for energy and water conservation. Chemical Engineering Re-search and Design, 87(2), 200–209, 2009.
-  PEMMARAJU, S. V.; SKIENA, S. S. Computational discrete mathematics: combina-torics and graph theory with mathematica. Cambridge University Press, 2003.
-  PM, I. A guide to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK guide. ProjectManagement Institute, Inc, Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, 2013.
-  VUKMIROVIC, S.; CICIN-SAIN, M.; MEZNARIC, I. The algorithm design by usingprogramming language visual basic for application on the example of crithical pathmethod (cpm). Em MIPRO, p. 1405–1411, 2012.
-  WANG, Y.; SMITH, R. Wastewater minimisation. Chemical Engineering Science,49(7), 981–1006, 1994.
-  YUNUS, A. C.; CIMBALA, J. M. Fluid mechanics: fundamentals and applications.International Edition, McGraw Hill Publication, p. 185–201, 2006.
-  ZHAO, T.; TSENG, C. A note on activity floats in activity-on-arrow networks. Journalof the Operational Research Society, 54(12), 1296–1299, 2003.
-  8
SILVA, I. M. O.; ZEMP, R. J.; "PRESSURE DROP ANALYSIS IN COOLING WATERNETWORKS", p. 12800-12807 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-1773-17630-134927
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação