Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
NUMERICAL STUDY OF TUBE-BUNDLE FLOW-INDUCED VIBRATIONS WITH MULTIPHASE-POD APPROACH
Fluid-Structure Interactions are present in a large number of systems of nuclear power plants and nuclear on-board stoke-holds. Particularly in steam generators, where tube bundles are submitted to cross-flow which can lead to structure vibrations. We know that numerical studies of such a complex mechanism is very costly, that is why we propose the use of reduced-order methods in order to reduce calculation times and to make easier parametric studies for such problems. We use the multiphase-POD approach, which is an adaptation of the classical POD approach to the case of a moving structure in a flow, considering the whole system (fluid and structure) as a multiphase domain. We are interested in the case of large displacements of a structure moving in a fluid, in order to observe the ability of the multiphase- POD technique to give a satisfying solution reconstruction. We obtain very interesting results for the case of a single circular cylinder in cross-flow (lock-in phenomenon). Then we present the application of the method to a case of confined cylinders in large displacements too. Here again, results are encouraging. An on-going work consist in going further testing parametric studies with POD-Galerkin approach and with POD basis interpolation. A future work will consist in applications to fluid-structure interactions.
Palavras-chave: Tube bundle systems, Multiphase-POD, Flow-Induced Vibrations,
-  Allery, C., Guerin, S., Hamdouni, A., and Sakout, A. Experimental and numerical POD study of the Coanda effect used to reduce self-sustained tones. Mechanics Research Communications, 31:105–120, January-February 2004.
-  Anttonen, J., King, P., and Beran, P. Application of Multi-POD to a pitching and plunging airfoil. Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 42:245 – 259, 2005.
-  Archambeau, F., Mechitoua, N., and Sakiz, M. Code Saturne: a finite volume code for the computation of turbulent incompressible flows Industrial applications. International Journal of Finite Volumes, [www.latp.univ-mrs.fr/IJFV/], 1, 2004.
-  Axisa, F., Antunes, J., and Villard, B. Random excitation of heat exchanger tubes by cross-flows. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 4:231 – 341, 1990.
-  Benhamadouche, S. and Laurence, D. LES, coarse LES, and transient RANS comparisons on the ow across a tube bundle. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 24:470 – 479, 2003.
-  Blevins, R. Fluidelastic whirling of a tube rows. ASME Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 96:263 – 267, 1974.
-  Blevins, R. Flow-Induced Vibrations. Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1990.
-  Blevins, R. and Bressler, M. Acoustic resonances in heat exchangers, Part II: Prediction and suppression of resonance. ASME Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 109:282– 288, 1987.
-  Bogaers, A. Reduced Order Modeling Techniques for Mesh Movement Strategies as Applied to Fluid Structure Interactions. Master of engineering, University of Pretoria, 2010.
-  Chen, S. Instability mechanisms and stability criteria of a group of circular cylinders subject to cross-flow, Part I Part II. Journal of vibration, acoustics, stress and reliability in design, 105:51–58, 1983.
-  Couplet, M., Basdevant, C., and Sagaut, P. Calibrated reduced-order POD-Galerkin system for fluid flow modelling. Journal of Computational Physics, 207:192–220, 2005.
-  Donea, J., Huerta, A., Ponthot, J., and Rodriguez-Ferran, A. Arbitrary Lagrangian- Eulerian Methods, Encyclopedia of Computational Mechanics Vol. 1: Fundamentals, Chap. 14. Wiley Andamp; Sons, 2004.
-  Feenstra, P., Weaver, D., and Nakamura, T. Vortex shedding and fuidelastic instability in a normal square tube array excited by two-phase cross-flow. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 17:793–811, 2003.
-  Holmes, P., Lumey, J., and Berkooz, G. Turbulence, Coherent Structures, Dynamical Systems and Symmetry. Cambridge Monographs on Mechanics, Cambridge University Press, 1996.
-  Huvelin, F. Couplage de codes en interaction fluide-structure et application aux instabilit ´es fluide-´elastiques. PhD Thesis, Ecole des Sciences Pour l”Ing´enieur de Lille, 2008.
-  Khalak, A. andWilliamson, C. Motions, Forces and Mode Transitions in Vortex-Induced Vibrations at Low Mass Damping. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 13:813–851, 1999.
-  Kunisch, K. and Volkwein, S. Galerkin Proper Orthogonal Decomposition methods for parabolic systems. Numerische Mathematik, 90:117–148, 2001.
-  Lever, J. and Weaver, D. On the stability of Heat Exchanger Tube Bundles, Part II: Numerical results and comparison with experiments. Journal of Sound and vibration, 107(3):393–410, 1986.
-  Liberge, E. and Hamdouni, A. Reduced-order modelling method via Proper Orthogonal Decomposition (POD) for flow around an oscillating cylinder. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 26(2):292–311, 2010.
-  Liberge, E., Pomarède, M., and Hamdouni, A. Reduced-order modelling method by POD-multiphase approach for fluid-structure interactions. European Journal of Computational Mechanics, 19:41–52, 2009.
-  Lieu, T., Farhat, C., and Lesoinne, M. Reduced-order fluid/structure modelling of a complete aircraft configuration. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 195:5730–5742, 2006.
-  Longatte, E., Bendjeddou, Z., and Souli, M. Methods for numerical study of tube bundle vibrations in cross-flows. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 18:513–528, 2003.
-  M.P. Pa¨idoussis. A review of flow-induced vibrations in reactors and reactor components. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 74:31–60, 1982.
-  Pettigrew, M. and Gorman, D. Vibration of heat exchanger tube bundles in liquid and two-phase cross-flow. Flow-induced vibration design guidelines P.Y. Chen edition, ASME PVP, 52:89–110, 1981.
-  Pettigrew, M. and Taylor, C. Fluidelastic Instability of heat exchanger tube bundle: review and design recommendations. Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 113:242– 256, 1991.
-  Pomarède, M., Longatte, E., and Sigrist, J.-F. Benchmark of numerical codes for coupled csd/cfd computations on an elementary vortex induced vibration problem. Pressure Vessel and Piping,, July 2009. Prague.
-  Price, S. A review of theoretical models for fluidelastic instability of cylinder arrays in cross-flow. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 9:3147–3170, 2001.
-  Sigrist, J. and Abouri, D. Numerical simulation of a non-linear coupled fluid-structure problem with implicit and explicit coupling procedures. Pressure Vessel and Piping, July 2006. Vancouver.
-  Sirovich, L. Turbulence and the dynamics of coherent structures, Parts I-III. Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, 45(3):561–590, 1987.
-  Williamson, C. and Roshko, A. Vortex formation in the wake of an oscillating cylinder. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 2:355–381, 1988.
Pomarède, Marie; Liberge, Erwan; Hamdouni, Aziz; Longatte, Elisabeth; Sigrist, Jean-Franc¸ois; "NUMERICAL STUDY OF TUBE-BUNDLE FLOW-INDUCED VIBRATIONS WITH MULTIPHASE-POD APPROACH", p. 4552-4563 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19967
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação