Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
NUMERICAL STUDY OF CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM, MUSCULO-SKELETAL SYSTEM, AND THEIR COUPLING TOWARD MOTOR DYSFUNCTION IN PARKINSON’S DISEASE
In this research activity, we are now developing the numerical model for the motor dysfunction, for example Parkinson’s disease, on a high performance computer. The final target of the activity is to develop the integration model consisting of neural networks (brain, central nervous system, and so on) and three-dimensional musculo-skeletal system, and to reproduce primary symptoms of Parkinson’s disease in order to clarify the cause of the motor dysfunction and obtain the knowledge about effective treatments. The developed central nerv-ous system includes major motoneurons related to a motion (e.g. α-motoneuron) and de-scribed as simultaneous ordinary differential equations, in which communications of excitato-ry and/or inhibitory signals with each other are expressed mathematically The musculo-skeletal model is based on a nonlinear finite element framework for incompressible hyperelastic materials, and can treat both passive behavior of biological soft tissues and ac-tive behavior of muscle fibers. The model can successfully reproduce the muscle-tendon be-havior and generated force during an isometric contraction.
Palavras-chave: Parkinson´s disease, central nervous system, musculo-skeletal system,
-  Vassilis Cutsuridis, “Origins of a repetitive and co-contractive biphasic pattern of muscle activation in Parkinson’s disease”, Neural Networks, 24, 592-601, 201
-  Steven J. Schiff, “Towards model-based control of Parkinson’s disease”, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A, 368, 2269-2308, 2010.
-  Rogerio R. L. Cisi, Andre F. Kohn, “Simulation system of spinal conrd motor nuclei and associated berves ans muscles, in a Web-based architecture”, J. Comput. Neurosci., 25, 520-542, 2008.
-  Johansson, T., Meier, P., Blickhan, R., “A Finite-Element Model for the Mechanical Analysis of Skeletal Muscles”, J. Theor. Biol., 206, 131-149, 2000.
-  Sussman, T., Bathe, K.-J., “A FE Formulation for Nonlinear Incompressible Elastic and Inelastic Analysis”, Computer Andamp; Structures, 26, 357-409, 1987.
Shimizu, K.; Yamamura, N.; Takagi, S.; "NUMERICAL STUDY OF CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM, MUSCULO-SKELETAL SYSTEM, AND THEIR COUPLING TOWARD MOTOR DYSFUNCTION IN PARKINSON’S DISEASE", p. 2715-2721 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19008
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação