Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
NUMERICAL SIMULATION FOR CONVECTION OF DECONTAMINATION AGENT IN A CLOSED ROOM
Recently, terrorism is one of most daunted dangers in the world. Various terrorisms can come about. Biological and chemical terrors have particularly high mortality rate, and tend to wreak the secondary disaster. For these reasons, research and development of measures for decontaminations are emergent and of key issue on a world scale. One of these requirement is gas decontamination technique. In the system of gas decontamination, the gaseous decontamination agent is supplied to a contamination surface. The gas decontamination does not cause corrosion and rust to the target and has high applicability to non-water-resistant targets. However, the research and development of decontamination technique are of great difficulty, and the experiments are highly risky and also legally-prohibited in many cases. Therefore, in this study, computational fluid dynamics is used to simulate the flow and concentration fields where gaseous decontamination flows in a room which is enclosed by contaminated walls. We investigate the local concentrations of decontamination agent, and find that the introduction of circulators is effective to get the uniform concentration of decontamination agent in the room. Finally, the optimum arrangement of the circulators is proposed.
Palavras-chave: Computational Fluid Dynamics, Decontamination, Internal Flow, Mass Transfer,
-  Integrated Terrorism Assessment Centre., “Terrorist Incidents Since 9/11,” http://itac.gc.ca/thrt/ncdnts-eng.asp (accessed 2012-04-20)
-  Seto Y., “Decontamination of Chemical and Biological Warfare Agents,” YAKUGAKU ZASSHI., 129(1), 53-69, 2009.
-  Ministry of Defense Technical Research Andamp; Development Institute., “Defense Tech-nology Symposium 2010” http://www.mod.go.jp/trdi/research/dts2010.files/R2/R2-5.pdf (accessed 2012-4-20)
-  Kawamura T., Kuwahara K., “Computation of High Reynolds Number Flow around a Circular Cylinder with Surface Roughness,” AIAA-84-0340, 198
-  Kukkonen J., Riikonen K., Nikmo J., Jappinen A., Nieminen K., “Modeling Aerosol Processes Related to the Atmospheric Dispersion of Sarin,” Int. J. of Hazardous Ma-terials., A85, 165-179, 2001.
Hayakawa, H.; Suzuki, M.; Yamamoto, M.; Kawai, M.; Sakamoto, K.; "NUMERICAL SIMULATION FOR CONVECTION OF DECONTAMINATION AGENT IN A CLOSED ROOM", p. 2979-2988 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19116
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação