Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
NUMERICAL INVESTIGATION OF PARTICLE MOTION IN SUPERSONIC FLOWS
Gas-particle two-phase flow is very important to clarify phenomena inside of various fluid machines. A number of reserches have been performed on gas-particle two-phase flows. However, particle motion in a supersonic flow has not been clarified sufficiently. Therefore, in order to find out the interactions between flow and particles, the authors focus on the characteristics of particle motion, especially the velocity and temperature. In the pre-sent study, a conventional converging-diverging supersonic nozzle is employed as our target. For the gas phase, the turbulent flow in the nozzle is computed with the finite difference and RANS methods. For the particle phase, the particle motion is simulated in a Lagrangian man-ner. In addition, taking into account the light particle loading, a weak coupling method is employed. Through this investigation, we show that the particle velocity increases monoton-ically from the nozzle throat to the outlet. And it is shown that particles can be accelerated to higher velocities in helium than in nitrogen, and smaller particles tend to attain higher speed and lower static temperature.
Palavras-chave: Gas-solid two-phase flow, Supersonic flow, Euler-Lagrange coupling,
-  Kleigel, J. R. , “Gas Particle Nozzle Flows”, Symposium on Combustion, 9, 1, 811-826, 1963
-  Shi, H. H., Yamamura, K., “The interaction between shock waves and solid spheres arrays in a shock tube”, Acta Mechanica Sinica, 20(3), 219-227, 2004
-  Saito, T., Saba, M., Sun, M., Takayama, K., “The effect of an unsteady drag force on the structure of a non-equilibrum region behind a shock wave in a gas-particle mixture”, Shock Waves, 17, 255-262, 2007
-  Ishii, R., Hatta, N., Umeda, Y. and Yuhi, M., “Supersonic Gas-Particle two-Phase Flow around a Sphere”, J. Fluid Mechanics, 221, 453-483, 1990
-  Liu, Y. , “The Use of Miniature Supersonic Nozzles for Microparticle Acceleration: A Numerical Study”, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 54, 10, 1814-1821, 2007
-  Elghovashi S., “On Pedicting Particle Laden Turbulent Flows”, Applied Science Research, 52, 309-329, 1994
-  Launder B. E., Spalding D. B., “THE NUMERICAL COMPUTATION OF TURBULENT FLOWS”, Computational Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng. 3, 2, 269-289, 1974
-  Yee H. C., “Upwind and Symmetric Shock Capturing Schemas”, NASA-TM-89469, 1987
-  Jameson A. and Baker T. J., “Solution of the Euler Equations for Complex Configurations”, AIAA-83-1929, 293-302, 1983
-  Hirotaka F., “The development of High Temperature and Pressure Cold Spray Equipment”, Japan Thermal Spray Society, 47, 179-188, 2010
-  Jen T.C., Li L., Cui W., Chen Q. Zhang X., “Numerical Investigations on Cold Gas Dynamic Spray Process with Nano- and Microsize Particles”, Int. J. Heat Mass Tran., 12, 48, 4384-4396, 2005
Sakamaki, R.; Suzuki, M.; Yamamoto, M.; "NUMERICAL INVESTIGATION OF PARTICLE MOTION IN SUPERSONIC FLOWS", p. 2843-2853 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19048
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação