Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
NUMERICAL ASPECTS OF THE RADIAL INTEGRATION METHOD IN BOUNDARY ELEMENT FORMULATION FOR STABILITY ANALYSIS OF THIN PERFORATED PLATES OF LAMINATED COMPOSITES
The radial integration method is a suitable technique to transform domain integrals into boundary integrals. It is quite appropriated for anisotropic materials because it is a pure numerical technique that does not require the computation of approximation functions as in dual reciprocity boundary element method. However, a special attention must be paid on the numerical integration because it has strong influence on the accuracy and computational cost of the method. This paper presents an analysis of performance of the radial integration method, considering accuracy and computational cost, when it is used in stability analysis of thin perforated plates of laminated composite plates by the boundary element formulation. The accuracy of the proposed formulation is assessed by comparison with results from the literature.
Palavras-chave: Stability of structures, linear buckling, laminated composite plates, radial integration method, boundary element method.,
-  S. Timoshenko and J. M. Gere. Theory of Elastic Stability. McGraw-Hill, New York, second edition, 196
-  P. Sollero. Fracture mechanics analysis of anisotropic laminates by the boundary element method. PhD thesis, Wessex Institute of Technology, 1994.
-  E. L. Albuquerque. Numerical analysis of dynamic anisotropic problems using the boundary element method. PhD thesis, Unicamp, Dept. Mec. Comput., July 2001. In Portuguese.
-  W. P. Paiva. Análise de problemas estáticos e dinˆamicos em placas anisotrópicas usando o m´etodo dos elementos de contorno. PhD thesis, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, 2005. In Portuguese.
-  E. L. Albuquerque, P. Sollero, W. Venturini, and M. H. Aliabadi. Boundary element analysis of anisotropic kirchhoff plates. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 43:4029–4046, 2006.
-  A. Reis et al. Computation of moments and stresses in laminated composite plates by the boundary element method. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, 35:105–113, 2011.
-  P. C. M. Doval, E. L. Albuquerque, and P. Sollero. Stability analysis of composite laminate plates under non-uniform stress filds by the boundary element method. In XI International Conference on Boundary Element and Meshless Techniques, july 2011.
-  X. Gao. The radial integration method for evaluation of domain integrals with boundary only discretization. Engn. Analysis with Boundary Elements, 26:905–916, 2002.
-  L. J. M. Jesus, E. L. Albuquerque, K. R. Sousa, and P. Sollero. Further developments in the radial integration method. In XXXI CILAMCE - Congresso Ibero Latino Americano de Mtodos Computacionais em Engenharia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, November 2010.
-  M. H. Aliabadi. Boundary element method, the application in solids and structures. John Wiley and Sons Ltd, New York, 2002.
-  P. Sollero and M. H. Aliabadi. Fracture mechanics analysis of anisotropic plates by the boundary element method. Int. J. of Fracture, 64:269–284, 1993.
-  E. L. Albuquerque, P. Sollero, and W. P. Paiva. The radial integration method applied to dynamic problems of anisotropic plates. Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering, 23:805–818, 2007.
-  E. L. Albuquerque and M. H. Aliabadi. A boundary element formulation for boundary only analysis of thin shallow shells. CMES - Computer Modeling in Engineering and Sciences, 29:63–73, 2008.
-  P. W. Partridge. Towards criteria for selection approximation functions in the dual reciprocity method. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, 24:519–529, 2000.
-  M. A. Golberg, C. S. Chen, and H. Bowman. Some recent results and proposals for the use of radial basis functions in the bem. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Element, 23:285–296, 1999.
Doval, P. C. M.; Albuquerque, E. L.; Sollero, P.; "NUMERICAL ASPECTS OF THE RADIAL INTEGRATION METHOD IN BOUNDARY ELEMENT FORMULATION FOR STABILITY ANALYSIS OF THIN PERFORATED PLATES OF LAMINATED COMPOSITES", p. 3879-3887 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19617
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação