Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF PRESS FITS AND BUSHING MIGRATION
Even though electronic devices are a reality in the aerospace industry, mechanical issues involving assembly through mechanical fit, more precisely press fits of bushings in primary structures and movable structures still demand attention in some aspects. Historically, this subject was demonstrated to affect all aircraft manufacturers during aircraft design, assembly and their operation. Also, existing methods in the literature are not capable of accurately predicting the interaction between the parts due to the combined behavior of differences in stiffness and the asymmetry of applied loads. This paper demonstrates a numerical methodology for evaluating press fits through a contact finite element model and takes into account considerations about materials compatibility, surface treatment and load asymmetries. Also a final solution considering dimensioning aspects and a comparison between the analytical and the numerical methodology are presented.
Palavras-chave: Press fit, Second keyword, Non-linear contact model, Mechanical assembly,
-  Abramowitz,M. and Stegun, I., 1964. Handbook of Mathematical Functions: With Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables. Applied mathematics series. Dover Publications. ISBN 9780486612720.
-  Ashby, M. and Jones, D., 2011. Engineering Materials 1: An Introduction to Properties, Applications and Design. Elsevier Science. ISBN 9780080966663.
-  Bathe, K., 1996. Finite element procedures. Prentice Hall. ISBN 9780133014587.
-  Bruhn, E., 1973. Analysis and design of flight vehicle structures. S.R. Jacobs.
-  Budynas, R. and Nisbett, J., 2008. Shigley’s mechanical engineering design. Number v. 10 in McGraw-Hill series in mechanical engineering. McGraw-Hill. ISBN 9780071257633.
-  MSC Software (Firm : Santa Ana, C.S.P.D., 2011a. MARC: User’s Guide. MSC Software, Software Products Division.
-  MSC Software (Firm : Santa Ana, C.S.P.D., 2011b. PATRAN: User’s Guide. MSC Software, Software Products Division.
Vinaud, Felipe Jos´e; Troise, Rodrigo Tadeu A. M.; Oliveira, Lucas Corrˆea de; Arisseto, Marco; "NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF PRESS FITS AND BUSHING MIGRATION", p. 4577-4592 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19989
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação