dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
Nominalized Matter: Generative Textiles Procedures
This paper investigates making as a process that brings together diverse materials and combines their flow in anticipation of what might emerge. Ingold calls this approach the textility of making, which gives priority to the formation of materials as a process, in which form is generated through interventions within fields of forces and currents of materials and not through a predefined notion of an ideal outcomei, opposes the Aristotelian “hylomorphic approach” which focuses on final products.
Palavras-chave: Analogue computing, Craft, Design methodologies, Form finding, Textiles,
-  Baerlecken, D. and Riether, G.: 2012, Aggregates: Digital design for design, CAADRIA2012, pp. 607–616
-  Baerlecken, D., Katherine, J., Andamp; Alice, V. (2013). Mobilized Materials - Textile Constructs. CAADRIA 2013, pp. 333-342
-  Frei Otto, Bodo Rasch: 1995, Finding Form : Towards an Architecture of the Minimal, Axel Menges, Germany.
-  Ingold, T., The textility of making (Oxford: Cambridge Journal of Economics, Vol 34, 2010) 91-102.
-  Spuybroek , L.(ed): 2011, Research Andamp; Design: Textile Tectonics, NAI Publishers, Rotterdam.
-  Spuybroek, L. (ed): 2009, Research Andamp; Design: The Architecture of Variation, Thames and Hudson, London.
-  Spuybroek, L. (2011). Sympathy of things : Ruskin and the ecology of design. [Rotterdam] New York, NY: V2 Publishing : NAi Publishing.
-  Frampton K., Studies in Tectonic Culture, The Poetics of Construction in Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Architecture, (Cambridge, MIT Press, 1995).
Baerlecken, Daniel; Johnson, Katherine Wright; "Nominalized Matter: Generative Textiles Procedures", p. 515-519 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0099
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação