Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
MULTI-OBJECTIVE DESIGN OPTIMIZATION OF THE LOW-YIELD STEEL SHEAR PANEL DAMPER
This paper presents a shape optimization methodology for the design of the low-yield steel shear panel damper without stiffeners. The optimization was carried out as a multi-objective optimization problem to maximize the total absorbing energy and minimize the max. accumulated equivalent plastic strain of the shear panel damper under cyclic loading. With application of the optimization methodology of the response surface methodology combined with the design of experiment technique, firstly, finite element analysis with iso-tropic/kinematic hardening model was used to simulate the cyclic elasto-plastic behavior in-stead of experimental approach, and reliability of the numerical solutions was confirmed by comparing to previous experimental results. Then, based on the numerical analysis, the shape parameters effects and their interactions were investigated and second order polynomials were fitted to obtain the regression equations of the total absorbing energy and the max. ac-cumulated equivalent plastic strain. Finally, the regression equations were applied to consti-tute the multi-objective functional by using the weighed sum method, and maximization prob-lem of the formulated multi-objective functional was solved.
Palavras-chave: Shear panel damper, Multi-objective optimization, Energy absorption, Accumu-lated plastic stain, Response surface methodology, Design of experiment.,
-  Yang Liu, Tetsuhiko Aoki, Tatsumasa Takaku, Yuhshi Fukumoto, “Cyclic loading tests of shear panel damper made of low yield steel” J. of Structural Eng., JSCE., Vol.53A, No612, pp.560-567, 2007.
-  T. Aoki, Yang Liu, T. Takaku, and Y. Fukumoto, “Experimental investigation of tapered shear-type seismic devices for bridge bearings”. Pacific Structural Steel Conference 2007, Steel Structures in Natural Hazards, Wairakei, New Zealand, Vol.1, 111-117, 2007.
-  Koike, Y., Yanaka, T., Usami, T., Ge, H.B., Oshita, S., Sagou, D. and Uno, Y., “An Ex-perimental Study on Developing High-Performance Stiffened Shear Panel Dampers”, J. of Structural Engineering, JSCE, Vol.54A, pp.372-381, 2008.
-  Masatoshi Shimoda, Hideyuki Azegami, Toshiaki Sakurai, “Traction Method Approach to Optimal Shape Design Problems”, Journal of Passenger Cars, SAE 1997 Transactions, pp. 2355-2365, 1998.
-  Hisashi Ihara, Hideyuki Azegami, Masatoshi Shimoda, “Solution to Shape Optimization Problems Considering Material Nonlinearity”, Computer Aided Optimization Design of Structures VI, Chap. 3, Sec. 4, pp. 87-96, 1999.
-  Han J., Yamazaki K., “A study on maximization of dynamic crushing energy absorption of square tubes with and without stiffener”. JSME Int, J. Ser. A43 (2), 138-145, 2000.
-  ABAQUS, Inc., ABAQUS/Analysis user''s manual-version 6.5
-  R. M. Myers, D. C. Montgomery, Response Surface Methodology, John Wiley Andamp; Sons, New York, 2002
Liu, Y.; Shimoda, M.; "MULTI-OBJECTIVE DESIGN OPTIMIZATION OF THE LOW-YIELD STEEL SHEAR PANEL DAMPER", p. 1129-1138 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18286
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação