Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
MATERIAL PARAMETER IDENTIFICATION ON METAL MATRIX COMPOSITES
Tests were done on the compressive behaviour of different metal matrix composite materials. These extremely hard engineering materials consist of ceramic particles embedded in a metal alloy binder. Due to the high stiffness and brittle nature of the material, compression tests were only performed to about 2% uniaxial strain as measured by the displacement of the hydraulic cylinder. In room temperature tests, three strain gauges are secured evenly around the centre of the test section. The results from these strain gauges indicate that some compression instability, eccentric loading or other resulting bending condition is present. In this work, a finite element inverse analysis is employed to determine not only material parameters but also the boundary conditions that best replicate the experimental data. The quality of the fits is subject to the limits of the material model and boundary parameterisation. An alternative procedure that uses the time and strain history to evolve the yield stress is also employed to approximate the material parameters. The Mechanical Threshold Stress model is used to model the materials.
Palavras-chave: Inverse analysis, Material parameter identification, Mechanical Threshold Stress, Metal Matrix Composite.,
-  Dassault Systèmes., “Abaqus FEA software”, 6.1, SIMULIA web site, URL = http://www.3ds.com/products/simulia/portfolio/
-  Chen, S. R., Gray, G. T., “Constitutive Behaviour of Tantalum and Tantalum-Tungsten Alloys.”, Metall. and Mat. Trans. 27(A), 2994-3006, 1996.
-  Dunlay, W. A., Tracy, C. A., Perrone, P. J., 1989, “A Proposed Uniaxial Compression Test for High Strength Ceramics.”, Report: U.S. Army Materials Technology Laboratory MTL-TR-89-89.
-  Follansbee, P. S., Kocks, U. F., “A Constitutive Description of Copper Based on the Use of the Mechanical Threshold Stress as an Internal State Variable.”, Acta Metall. 36, 81-93, 1988.
-  Kocks, U.F., Argon, A.S., Ashby, M.F., “Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Slip.”, In: Progress in Materials Science 19, Pergamon Press, New York. 197
-  Kocks, U.F., Tom´e, C.N., Wenk, H.-R., “Texture and Anisotropy.”, Cambridge University Press, 1998.
-  Python programming language., 2.6., URL = www.python.org
-  SciPy: Scientific Tools for Python., 0.0., URL = www.scipy.org
-  Varshni, Y.P., “Temperature Dependence of the Elastic Constants.”, Phys. Rev. B 2, 3952-3958. 1970.
Rensburg, G. J. Jansen van; Kok, S.; Wilke, D. N.; "MATERIAL PARAMETER IDENTIFICATION ON METAL MATRIX COMPOSITES", p. 1007-1021 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18234
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação