Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
LOW-SONIC-BOOM CONCEPT DEMONSTRATION IN SILENT SUPERSONIC RESEARCH PROGRAM AT JAXA
JAXA’s supersonic research program named S-cube for future supersonic airliners with economically viable and environmentally friendly characteristics and the flight test pro-ject named D-SEND for demonstrating the advanced low-boom design concepts are intro-duced. In the first phase of the project(D-SEND#1), two axisymmetrical models were dropped back to back from a stratospheric balloon and the sonic-booms generated from both models were measured both on the ground and at about 1km above the ground in order to validate JAXA’s sonic-boom measurement system and to make sure the possibility of demonstrating low-boom concepts with the 8m-long scaled model in the second phase of the project(D-SEND#2). The D-SEND#2 airplane is an unmanned low-boom scaled airplane which is con-sidered to be a 16% scale model of a 50-passenger small size supersonic transport regarded as a technology reference aircraft of the S-cube program. Some low-boom design concepts such as a non-axisymmetrical low-boom nose, a low-drag/low-boom wing geometry, a lifting aft-fuselage, and reverse-cambered horizontal tails which are applied to the D-SEND#2 air-plane will be demonstrated in the drop test.
Palavras-chave: Supersonic Transport, Sonic Boom, Low Boom Demonstration,
-  Makino, Y. and Naka, Y., “Sonic-Boom Research and Low-Boom Demonstrator Project in JAXA,” Proceedings on 19th International Congress on Acoustics, 2007.
-  Thomas, C. L., “Extrapolation of Sonic Boom Pressure Signatures by the Waveform Pa-rameter Method,” NASATN D-6832, June 197
-  Ishikawa, H., Tanaka, K., Makino, Y. and Yamamoto, K., “Sonic-Boom Prediction Using Euler CFD Codes With Structured/Unstructured Overset Method,” 27th International Congress of the Aeronautical Sciences, 2010.
-  Yamamoto, M., Hashimoto, A., Takahashi, T., Kamakura, T. and Sakai, T., “Numerical simulations for sonic boom propagation through an inhomogeneous atmosphere with winds,” The 19th International Symposium on Nonlinear Acoustics, 2012.
-  Carlson, H. W. and Maglieri, D. J., “Review of Sonic-Boom Generation Theory and Pre-diction Methods,” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 51, 2(3), 675-685 1972.
-  Whitham, G. B., “The Flow Pattern of a Supersonic Projectile,” Commun. Pure Appl. Math. V, 301-348, 1952.
Makino, Yoshikazu; "LOW-SONIC-BOOM CONCEPT DEMONSTRATION IN SILENT SUPERSONIC RESEARCH PROGRAM AT JAXA", p. 273-280 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-16716
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação