fevereiro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Full Article - Open Access.
Joining Up: evaluating technologically augmented interdisciplinary crosscultural collaboration
RARE EARTH: Hacking the City is an open studioLAB encouraging students from China and Australia to collaborate using Shanghai as a laboratory for investigating ideas for the future of cities, immersive interactive environments, and cross-cultural co-creation. This paper discusses the opportunities, constraints and outcomes of the studioLAB and proposes insights pertaining to a pliant model for Cross-Cultural Interdisciplinary Collaboration (CCIC).
Palavras-chave: Design education, Cross-cultural, Multidisciplinary, Collaboration, Interactive media,
-  Arias, E., And Fischer, G. 2000, Boundary Objects: Their role in articulating the task at hand and making information relevant to it, Intelligent Systems and Applications, 1(8)
-  Borges, J. L. 1984, Facing the Year 1983. In Twenty-four conversations with Borges, including a selection of poems. Trans. N. S. Arats et al. Housatonic, 1
-  Buchanan, R., 2004, Human-centered Design: Changing Perspectives on Design, Design Issues. 20(1)
-  Cassell, J., And Tversky, D., 2005, The Language of Online Intercultural Community Formation, Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication. International Communication Association, 10(2). http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol10/issue2/cassell.html (last accessed 12/09/07)
-  Christiansen, E., 2005, Boundary objects, please rise! On the role of boundary objects in distributed collaboration and how to design for them. http://redesignresearch.com/chi05/EC%20Boundary%20Objects.pdf (Last accessed 02/09/09)
-  Cousin G., 2006, Threshold concepts, troublesome knowledge and emotional capital: an exploration into learning about others. In MEYER, J., And LAND, R. (Ed.) Overcoming Barriers to student understanding: threshold concepts and troublesome knowledge, London And New York, Routledge
-  De Groot, A. 1992, Bilingual Lexical Representation: A Closer Look at Conceptual Representations. In FROST, R., And KATZ, L., (Eds.) Orthography, Phonology, Morphology, and Meaning: 389-412. Amsterdam: Elsevier
-  Eppler, M. J., 2007, Toward a visual turn in collaboration analysis?, Building Research And Information, 35(5): 584-587
-  Goodwin, R., 2011, Design Brief, Rare Earth: Hacking the City StudioLAB.
-  Goodwin, R., 2009, Design Brief, PorosityC8, e-SCAPE Studio. http://porosity.c8.omnium.net.au/outline/ (last accessed 28/08/09)
-  Designing China 2009, Seminar in Experimental Critical Theory (SECT), University of California Humanities Research Institute (UCHRI). http://www.uchri.org/sect.php?cat_id=1Andpage_id=1337 (last accessed 12/12/09)
-  Guo Ming Chen, 1989, Relationships of the dimensions of intercultural communication competence, Communication Quarterly, 37(2): 118-133.
-  Kwang-Kuo Huang, 1987, Face and Favor: The Chinese Power Game. The American Journal of Sociology, 92(4): 944-974.
-  Luna, D., Peracchio, L., A., De Juan, M., D., 2002, Cross-cultural and Cognitive Aspects of Website Navigation, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 30:4, 397-410.
-  Mackie, C., Macfadyen, L., Reeder, K., Roche, J., (August 2002) Intercultural Challenges. In Networked Learning: Hard Technologies Meet Soft Skills, First Monday. 7:8 http://firstmonday.org/issues/issue7_8/chase/index.html (Last accessed 12/09/07)
-  Manzini, E., 2007, Design Research for Sustainable Social Innovation, http://sustainable-everyday.net/manzini/ (last accessed 28/09/10)
-  Mcarthur, I., 2009, The Collabor8 Project: Realities within Design-Based Online Cross-Cultural Collaboration, Design Principles And Practices: An International Journal. 3
-  Nolan, P., 2010, Crossroads: The End of Wild Capitalism and the Future of Humanity, Marshall Cavendish
-  Snow, C. P. 1993, The Two Cultures, Cambridge, University Press, UK.
-  Star, S.L. And Griesemer, J.R. 1989, Institutional Ecology, ‘Translations’ and Boundary Objects: Amateurs and Professionals. In Berkeley’s Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, Social Studies of Science. 19, 387-4
-  Sussman, N., 2000, The Dynamic Nature of Cultural Identity Throughout Cultural Transitions: Why Home Is Not So Sweet, Personality and Social Psychology Review. 4(4): 355-373.
-  Wood, J., 2012, Metadesigning Paradigm Change. In Metadesigners Open Network. http://metadesigners.org/tiki/Metadesigning-Paradigm-Change (last accessed 03/03/12)
MCARTHUR, Ian; MILLER, Brad; "Joining Up: evaluating technologically augmented interdisciplinary crosscultural collaboration", p. 298-301 . In: Farias, Priscila Lena; Calvera, Anna; Braga, Marcos da Costa & Schincariol, Zuleica (Eds.). Design frontiers: territories, concepts, technologies [=ICDHS 2012 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2012.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0692-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação