fevereiro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Full Article - Open Access.
Italian Radicals and Dutch conceptuals: the sensation of affect in two movements
The Italian Radical movement of the 60s and 70s and Dutch conceptual design from the 90s and 2000s share in common the concern for experimental practices. However, their differences in organization and ethics are notable and inform the conceptualisation of their aesthetic experiments. This paper uses Deleuze and Guattari’s theory of affect to investigate this process.
Palavras-chave: Experimental, Conceptual, Radical, Design, Affect,
-  Ambasz, E. And Museum Of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.). 1972. Italy: the new domestic landscape; achievements and problems of Italian design. New York, Distributed by New York Graphic Society, Greenwich, Conn.
-  Antonelli, P. 2011. States of Design 04: Critical Design: A design report from New York , Domus. http://www.domusweb.it/en/design/states-of-design-04-critical-design-/ (Last accessed: 30th April 2012).
-  Bogue, R. 2004. Deleuze’s wake: tributes and tributaries. Albany: State University of New York Press.
-  Buchanan, R. 1995. Branzi’s Dilemma: Design in Contemporary Culture, in Design: Pleasure or Responsibility? edited by Päivi Tahkokallio and Susann Vihma, University of Art and Design Helsinki, 1995.
-  Cowell, S. 2011. The Milan Four: Alessandro Mendini, Interview. Architonic, the independent Resource for Architecture and Design. http://www.architonic.com/ntsht/the-milan-four-alessandro-mendini/7000604 (Last accessed 30th April 2011)
-  Deleuze, G. 2003. Smith, D. W. (Trans.). Francis Bacon. The Logic of Sensation, University of Minnesota Press: Minneapolis. Deleuze, G. And Guattari, F. 1994. What is Philosophy? Columbia University Press: New York. Tomlinson, H. And Burchell, G. (Trans.)
-  Fairs, M. 2005. Maarten Baas, IconEye, Icon Magazine Online. http://www.iconeye.com/read-previous-issues/icon-020-%7Cfebruary-2005/maarten-baas-%7C-icon-020-%7C-february-2005 (Last Accessed April 30th 2012).
-  Geel, C. 2010 Modernity And Language.... in Aldo Bakker - Creatures: Studies for Existence. Hy`eres- Les-Palmiers, Villa Nouilles with Boelen, J. And Meijer, H.
-  Kristal, M. 2011. “Postmodernism” at the VAndA Museum, Interview with Glenn Adamson, Dwell: At Home in the Modern World, http://www.dwell.com/articles/Glenn-Adamson-on-Postmodernism. html (Last accessed: 30th April 2012).
-  Massumi, B. 2002. Parables for the Virtual: Movement, Affect, Sensation. Duke University Press. Mendini, A. 1989. Alessandro Mendini, Giancarlo Politi Editore.
-  Moss, M., 2007. “Dezeen interviews… Murray Moss”, Dezeen, 3 January 2007. http://www.dezeen.com/2007/01/03/dezeen-interviews-murray-moss/ (Last accessed 30th April 2011)
-  Pettena, G. 2004 Radicals. Self-published, first crawled July 16th, 2004. http://www.giannipettena.it/inglese/radical/ecentro.htm (Last accessed, 30th April 2012).
-  Radice, B. 1993. Ettore Sottsass; a critical biography, Thames And Hudson, Limited, London.
-  Ramakers, Renny, and Gijs Bakker. 1998. Droog Design: spirit of the nineties. Rotterdam: 010 Publishers.
-  de Rijk, T. 2010. So-called Craft: The Formative Years of Droog Design, 1992–1998. The Journal of Modern Craft, Vol 3. Issue 2, July 2010: 161–178
-  Rawsthorn, A. 2006 A world in Smoke and Clay - Style And Design - International Herald Tribune, The New York Times, Published: Sunday, November 5, 2006 http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/05/style/05iht-design6.3395890.html?_r=2 (Last accessed 30th April 2012)
KEULEMANS, Guy; "Italian Radicals and Dutch conceptuals: the sensation of affect in two movements", p. 488-492 . In: Farias, Priscila Lena; Calvera, Anna; Braga, Marcos da Costa & Schincariol, Zuleica (Eds.). Design frontiers: territories, concepts, technologies [=ICDHS 2012 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2012.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0692-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação