fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
INSIGHTS INTO DICLOFENAC REMOVAL USING A SOLAR PHOTO-FENTON PROCESS MEDIATED BY FERRIOXALATE AT NEAR NEUTRAL PH
This study evaluates the degradation of the drug diclofenac (DCF) in aqueous solutions by a photo-Fenton process using natural and simulated solar radiation. Literature describes that DCF precipitates at acid pH and Fenton‘s processes are more efficient at pH 2.8. In order to work at near neutral pH and iron concentrations below the discharge limits (2 ppm), a photo-Fenton process mediated by ferrioxalate was used. Different iron/oxalate molar ratios (1:3; 1:6 and 1:9) were tested at different pH values (5.0 and 6.0). At pH 6.0, a 1:9 iron/oxalate molar ratio was necessary to achieve complete degradation of the DCF solution (below the detection limit of the equipment) and 63% mineralization in 90 min. Lower dose of oxalic acid (1:3 iron/oxalate molar ratio) was needed to achieve the same results at pH 5.0. The reaction rate was also evaluated at different temperatures (15-45ºC), radiation intensities (27.8-59.9 WUV/m
-  AGATONOVIĆ-KUŠTRIN, S.; ẐIVANOVIĆ, L.; ZEČEVIĆ, M.; RADULOVIĆ, D., Spectrophotometric study of diclofenac-Fe(III) complex, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, v. 16, p. 147-153, 1997.
-  BERNABEU, A.; VERCHER, R. F.; SANTOS-JUANES, L.; SIMÓN, P. J.; et al., Solar photocatalysis as a tertiary treatment to remove emerging pollutants from wastewater treatment plant effluents, Catalysis Today, v. 161, p. 235-240, 2011.
-  KENAWI, I. M., Density functional theory assessment of the thermal degradation of diclofenac and its calcium and iron complexes, Journal of Molecular Structure, v. 754, p. 61-70, 2005.
-  KORZENIEWSKA, E.; KORZENIEWSKA, A.; HARNISZ, M., Antibiotic resistant Escherichia coli in hospital and municipal sewage and their emission to the environment, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, v. 91, p. 96-102, 2013.
-  MICHAEL, I.; RIZZO, L.; MCARDELL, C. S.; MANAIA, C. M.; et al., Urban wastewater treatment plants as hotspots for the release of antibiotics in the environment: A review, Water Research, v. 47, p. 957-995, 2013.
-  PÉREZ-ESTRADA, L. A.; MALATO, S.; GERNJAK, W.; AGÜERA, A.; et al., Photo-Fenton Degradation of diclofenac: identification of main intermediates and degradation pathway, Environmental Science Andamp; Technology, v. 39, p. 8300-8306, 2005b. PÉREZ-ESTRADA, L. A.; MALDONADO, M. I.; GERNJAK, W.; AGÜERA, A.; et al., Decomposition of diclofenac by solar driven photocatalysis at pilot plant scale, Catalysis Today, v. 101, p. 219-226, 2005a. PIGNATELLO, J.; OLIVEROS, E.; MACKAY, A. Advanced Oxidation Processes for Organic Contaminant Destruction Based on the Fenton Reaction and Related Chemistry, Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, v. 36, p. 1-84, 200
-  SAFARZADEH-AMIRI, A.; BOLTON, J.; CATER, S., Ferrioxalate-mediated photodegradation of organic pollutants in contaminated water, Water Research, v. 31, p. 787-798, 199
-  TROVÓ, A.; NOGUEIRA, R., Diclofenac abatement using modified solar photo-Fenton process with ammonium iron(III) citrate, Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, v. 22, p. 1033-1039, 2011.
SOUZA, B. M.; DEZOTTI, M. W. C.; BOAVENTURA, R. A. R.; VILAR, V. J. P.; "INSIGHTS INTO DICLOFENAC REMOVAL USING A SOLAR PHOTO-FENTON PROCESS MEDIATED BY FERRIOXALATE AT NEAR NEUTRAL PH", p. 9258-9265 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-1811-17426-143612
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação