Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
IMPLEMENTATION OF NEURAL NETWORK MODELS TO PREDICT RESISTANCE FLOW THROUGH POROUS MEDIA WITH CONVERGENT BOUNDARIES
Experimental and Neural network modeling investigation were completed to study the resistance to non uniform flow through porous media with convergent boundaries. The Experimental observations were made with “Convergent Flow Permeameter” using crushed rock as the media and water as fluid to anlyse the resistance of flowing fluid with different radial lines and with different ratio of radii. The present investigation aims to develop NNCB models to predict the optimal solution by its ability to capture non linear interacts among various parameters of the system. Feed Forward Back Propagation Neural Network models have been used in the present study for prediction of resistance flow at different radial lines with different ratios of radii and also to predict the relationship between friction factor (fk) and Reynolds number (Rk) for flow in porous media with converging boundaries, using intrinsic permeability as the characteristic length. The results shows that the ANNs can be very efficient tools for predicting resistance flow and also it is possible to obtain good ANN model performance even with extremely simplified architectures involving a very few input variables.
Palavras-chave: Friction Factor, Reynolds Number, Convergent Flow Permeameter, Porous Media, Neural Network,
-  Bhanu Prakasham Reddy, N., and Rama Krishna Reddy, M., ” Energy loss in the flowing fluid through porous media with convergent boundaries”. Journal of Indian Water Resources Society. 30(3), 30-36, 2010.
-  Bhanu Prakasham Reddy, N., and Rama Krishna Reddy, M., ” Efficiency of steady nonuniform flow through homogeneous porous media”. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. 13(2), 53-65, 2007.
-  Bhanu Prakasham Reddy, N., “Effect of Convergent Angle on Nonlinear Flow through Porous Media”. Journal of Porous Media. 9(5), 415 – 428, 2006.
-  Bhanu Prakasham Reddy, N., “Effect of Convergence Factors on Flow through Porous Media In Converging Boundaries”. Journal of Porous Media. 9(2), 109-126, 2006.
-  Bhanu Prakasham Reddy, N., and Rao., ”Effect of convergence on non-linear flow in porous media,” J.Hydraul. Division. 132(4), 420-427, 2006.
-  Bhanu Prakasham Reddy, N., and Rao. (2003). “ Behavior of non-linear flow and application of neural network in converging boundaries.” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering 9(2)., 36-54, 2003.
-  Darcy, H., “Les Fontaines Publiques de la ville de Dijon.” Dalmont, Paris, 1856
-  Forchheimer., “ Wasserbewegung durch Boden.” Z. Ver.Deutsch. Ing., 45, 1782-178
-  Garrett, J . H . Jr., “Where and why artificial neural networks are applicable in Civil Engineering”, Editorial, Jl. Computing in Civil Engineering. 8(2), 129-130, 1994.
-  Goh, A . T . C., “Modeling soil correlations using neural networks”, Jl. Computing in Civil Engineering, ASCE, New York, 9(4), 1995.
-  Haykin, S., “Neural networks: A comprehensive foundation” . Mac-millan college Publishing Co., New York, 1994.
-  McCorquodale, J . A., “ Finite element analysis of non-Linear flow.” Ph.D thesis,University of Windsor, Windsor, Canada, 1970.
-  Nasser, M . S . S., “ Radial non-Linear flow through porous media.” Master of Applied Science thesis, University of Windsor, Windsor, Canada, 1970.
-  Rashid. ABD, AZZ. ABD and Kau-Fui Vincent Wong., ”A Neural Network Approach for the determination of Aquifer parameters”., Ground water Jl., Mar-April 1992.
-  Venkataraman, P., and Rama Mohan Rao. P., “ Darcian, transitional, and turbulent flow through porous media.” J. Hydr.Engrg.124(8), 840-846, 1998.
-  Venkataraman, P., and Rama Mohan Rao. P., “ Validation of Forchheimer’s law for flow through porous media with converging boundaries.” J. Hydr.Engrg. 126(1), 63-71,2000.
-  Ward, J.C., “Turbulent flow in porous media.” J. Hydr. Div. 92(5),1964.
Reddy, N. Bhanu Prakasham; Krishnaiah, S.; Reddy, M. Ramakrishna; "IMPLEMENTATION OF NEURAL NETWORK MODELS TO PREDICT RESISTANCE FLOW THROUGH POROUS MEDIA WITH CONVERGENT BOUNDARIES", p. 42-64 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-15680
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação