Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
IMAGE PROCESSING FOR MEDICAL EVALUATION ON NBI ENDOSCOPY IMAGES
The employment of digital images has grown in recent years in several areas. Mainly due by technological and computer development, its use has a larger amount of avail-able information in applications such as: security, navigation and medicine. In most applica-tions, the use of image processing techniques for automatic information extraction has been needed to help experts and professionals in several areas. At this paper is presented an appli-cation of image processing and computer vision techniques with images obtained by the new NBI (Narrow Band Imaging) equipment, an endoscopic technique that has been used to en-hance the accuracy of diagnosis by using narrow-bandwidth filters in a red-green-blue (R/G/B) sequential illumination system. Several techniques for image processing have been employed in this work to highlight some lesions in order to assist diagnosis of flat lesions found in intestines or stomach.
Palavras-chave: NBI Endoscopy, Image Processing, Medical Technology,
-  BARRETT, N. The lower esophagus lined by columnar epithelium. Surgery 41 (6): 881-94, 1957.
-  BOVIK, A. C. The Essential Guide to Image Processing. Elsevier Inc, 2009.
-  CANNY, J. Finding edges and lines in images. M.S. thesis, M.I.T. Cambridge, MA, USA, 198
-  GASTROLAB, Project 365: An Endoscopy Pic Every Day of the Year. October – De-cember 2010. Available on: . Ac-cess: January, 20th, 2012.
-  GHEORGHE, C. Narrow-Band Imaging Endoscopy for Diagnosis of Malignant and Premalignant Gastrointestinal Lesions, Center of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Fundeni Clinical Institute, Bucharest 2006.
-  INTEL, Open Source Computer Vision Library: reference manual, 2001.
-  MARQUES FILHO, OGÊ; VIEIRA NETO, HUGO. Processamento Digital de Imagens. Rio de Janeiro: Brasport, 1999.
-  MIZUNO H, GONO, K, TAKEHANA S, et al. Narrow band imaging technique. Techn Gastrointest Endosc 2003; 5: 78-81
-  OLYMPUS, NBI In Endoscopy. Available on: . Access: December, 8th, 2011.
-  OLYMPUS, Narrow Band Image (NBI). Available on: Andlt; http://www.olympuslatinoamerica.com/portuguese/msg/msg_nbi_port.asp?d=9Andamp;s=36Andamp;c=72Andgt;. Access: December, 8th, 2011.
-  RUSS, J. C. THE IMAGE PROCESSING HANDBOOK, SIXTH EDITION. BOCA RATON, FL: CRC PRESS, 20
Silva, Vítor Gabriel Sgobbi Martins; Shiguemori, Elcio H.; Cardia, Wellington; "IMAGE PROCESSING FOR MEDICAL EVALUATION ON NBI ENDOSCOPY IMAGES", p. 1357-1362 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18398
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação