Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
Halfspace Simulation of Rough Surface Contact in Metal Forming
Friction has a significant influence on the product properties and tool lifetime in metal forming processes. Therefore it frequently limits the possibilities in the product design. A detailed understanding of friction is necessary to overcome this obstacle. Numerical simulations as well as experimental work are required to gain more knowledge on the processes in the contact interface. The multiscale character of surface roughness makes a fine discretisation necessary, which leads to a huge numerical effort. Consequently alternative approaches to a Finite-Element model are of great interest. Halfspace models have shown their potential in elastic calculations and in plastic simulations with a simplified modelling of plastic deformation. In order to advance the modelling of rough contact in metal forming an enhanced plasticity model is applied within the halfspace framework.
Palavras-chave: Contact, Plasticity, Halfspace, Metal Forming,
-  Bowden, F. P., and Tabor, T., 1986. The friction and lubrication of solids. Clarendon Press.
-  Archard, J. F., 1957. “Elastic deformation and the laws of friction”. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series A., 243, pp. 190 – 205.
-  Bowden, F. P., 1957. “A review of the friction of solids”. Wear, 1, pp. 333–346.
-  Kalker, J. J., and van Randen, Y., 1972. “A minimum principle for frictionless elastic contact with application to non-hertzian half-space contact problems”. Journal of Engineering Mathematics, 6, pp. 193–206.
-  Willner, K., 2008. “Fully coupled frictional contact using elastic halfspace theory”. Journal of Tribology, 130, pp. 0314051–1 – 031405–7.
-  Tian, X., and Bhushan, B., 199 “A numerical three-dimensional model for the contact of rough surfaces by variational principle”. Journal of Tribology, 118, pp. 33–42.
-  Willner, K., 2004. “Elasto-plastic normal contact of three-dimensional fractal surfaces using halfspace theory”. Journal of Tribology, 126, pp. 28 – 33.
-  Willner, K., 200 “Influence of surface parameters on the elastoplastic contact behavior of fractal-regular surfaces”. Journal of Tribology, 130, pp. 024502–1–6.
-  Jacq, C., N´elias, D., Lormand, G., and Girodin, D., 2002. “Development of a threedimensional semi-analytical elastic-plastic contact code”. Journal of Tribology, 124, pp. 653–667.
-  Wang, F., and Keer, L. M., 2005. “Numerical simulation for three dimensional elasticplastic contact with hardening behavior”. Journal of Tribology, 127, pp. 494–502.
-  N´elias, D., Boucly, V., and Brunet, M., 2006. “Elastic-plastic contact between rough surfaces: Proposal for a wear or running-in model”. Journal of Tribology, 128, pp. 236– 244.
-  N´elias, D., Antaluca, E., and Boucly, V., 2007. “Rolling of an elastic ellipsoid upon an elastic-plastic flat”. Journal of Tribology, 129, pp. 791–800.
-  N´elias, D., Antaluca, E., Boucly, V., and Cretu, S., 2007. “A three-dimensional semianalytical model for elastic-plastic sliding contacts”. Journal of Tribology, 129, pp. 761– 771.
-  Love, A. E. H., 1929. “Stress produced in a semi-infinite solid by pressure on part of the boundary”. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society. Series A, 228, pp. 377 – 420.
-  Allwood, J., 2005. “Survey and performance assessment of solution methods for elastic rough contact problems”. Journal of Tribology, 127, pp. 10–23.
-  Johnson, K. L., 1985. Contact mechanics. Cambridge University Press.
-  Chiu, Y. P., 1977. “On the stress field due to initial strains in a cuboid surrounded by an infinite elastic space”. Journal of Applied Mechanics, 44, pp. 587–590.
-  Chiu, Y. P., 1978. “On the stress field and surface deformation in a half space with a cuboidal zone in which initial strains are uniform”. Journal of Applied Mechanics, 45, pp. 302–306.
-  Zhou, K., Chen, W. W., Keer, L. M., and Wang, Q. J., 2009. “A fast method for solving three-dimensional arbitrarily shaped inclusions in a half space”. Computational Methods in Applied Mechanical Engineering, 198, pp. 885–892.
Hauer, F.; Willner, K.; "Halfspace Simulation of Rough Surface Contact in Metal Forming", p. 1548-1559 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18465
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação