Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
GENERAL EQUATIONS FOR A LINEAR CALCULATION OF THIN OR MODERATELY THICK SHALLOW SHELLS
In this paper, we expound a general theory valid for shallow shells, either thin or moderately thick, inspired as a generalization for plates according to the Bolle-Reissner theory, with necessary modifications to include the thinnest shells. The immediate antecedent is constituted by the elastic study of plates shown in the work "General Equations Transformed and Expanded for a General Study of Isotropic Plates Starting with the Bolle-Reissner Theory as a starting point" (submitted also to this Congress). In short, although we esteem this to be an original proposal, it is inspired in a methodology partly known in plates which provides us with a system of differential equations easily tackled by finite differences. Also, as it is valid for moderately thick shells, it does not pose any problems of numerical instability when carrying out studies of thin shells and although it has been constrained to shallow shells, it can be applied to the resolution of a great variety of practical cases given the limitations which have to be imposed in order to consider them as shallow shells (which is usually common in constructive cases).
Palavras-chave: shallow shells, linear calculation,
-  Andrés A., Ortega N.F.,“An extension of Gaudi`s funicular technique to the conception and generation of structural surfaces”. Bulletin I.A.A.S.nº 3,1994.
-  Bazant Z. P., Stability of Structures. Oxford,1991.
-  Bolle L. ,Contributión au problème linéaire de flexión d?une plaque e?lastique. B. T. de la Siusse Romande,1947.
-  Escrig F. Pandeo de paraboloides hiperbólicos.T.D.,1980.
-  Köksal “The finite differences analysis of elliptic hyperbolic and revolution paraboloid shells”. Bulletin I.A.A.S.nº 3,1994.
-  Martinez J.M., López R.The non-linear calculation of rectangular projection and shallow shells using the finite differences method. Bulletin I.A.A.S. nº 3,1994.
-  Martinez J.M.,Pandeo de estructuras laminares velarias sobre un rectangulo (Formulación del elemento curvo isoparamétrico de 30 G.D.L.) T.D.,1989.
-  Martinez J. M. et al.Equations transformed and expanded for a general study of isotropic plates with the Bolle - Reissner theory as a starting point, 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, 2012.
-  Reissner E. On the theory of bending of elastic plates,1945.
-  RekachV.G. Problemas de la Teoría de la Elasticidad, Editorial MIR ,1978.
-  Voyiaddjis G. Z. and Karamanlidis D. Advances in the Theory of Pates and Shells, Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1990.
Valle, J. M. Martínez JiménezJ. M. Martínez; Valle, A. Martínez; Martínez-Jiménez, P.; "GENERAL EQUATIONS FOR A LINEAR CALCULATION OF THIN OR MODERATELY THICK SHALLOW SHELLS", p. 2468-2479 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18877
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação