Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
FATIGUE ANALYSIS OF COMPOSITE HIGHWAY BRIDGE DECKS
Steel and composite (steel-concrete) highway bridges are usually subjected to dynamic actions of variable magnitude due to vehicles crossing on the deck pavement. These dynamic actions can generate the nucleation of fractures or even their propagation on the bridge structure. Depending on the magnitude and intensity of these actions, these effects may compromise the structural system response reliability that could also lead to a reduction of the expected bridge service life. Therefore, this investigation aims to develop an analysis with emphasis to evaluate the stresses through a dynamic analysis of composite highway bridge decks including the action of convoy of heavy vehicles. The investigated highway bridge is constituted by four longitudinal composite girders and a concrete deck, spanning 40m. The developed computational model adopted the usual mesh refinement techniques present in finite element method simulations implemented in the ANSYS program. The analysis methodology and procedures presented in the design codes were applied to evaluate the fatigue of the bridge determining the service life of the structure. The main conclusions of this investigation focused on alerting structural engineers to the possible distortions, associated to the steel and composite bridge’s service life when subjected to vehicle’s dynamic actions.
Palavras-chave: Fatigue assessment, Structural dynamics, Composite highway bridge decks,
-  Leitão, F.N., “Fatigue Analysis of Composite Highway Bridges”, MSc Dissertation (In Portuguese). Civil Engineering Post-graduate Programme, PGECIV. State University of Rio de Janeiro, UERJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2009.
-  Leitão, F.N., Silva, J.G.S. da, Andrade, S.A.L. de, Vellasco, P.C.G. da S., Lima, L.R.O. de, “Composite (Steel-Concrete) Highway Bridge Fatigue Assessment”, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 67 (1), 14-24, 2011.
-  Silva, J.G.S. da, “Dynamical Performance of Highway Bridge Decks with Irregular Pavement Surface”. Computer Andamp; Structures, 82 (11-12), 871-881, 2004.
-  Pravia, Z.M.C., “Steel Bridge Structures with Crack Stability”. DSc Thesis (In Portuguese). COPPE/UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, 2003.
-  AASHTO. LRFD Bridge Design Specifications. American Association of State High-way and Transportation Officials, Washington, USA, 200
-  EUROCODE 3. Design of Steel Structures. European Committee for Standardisation. Bruxelas, 2003.
-  ANSYS Swanson Analysis Systems, Inc., P. O. Box 65, Johnson Road, Houston, PA, 15342-0065. Release 11.0, SP1 UP20070830, ANSYS, Inc. is a UL registered ISO 9001:2000 Company. Products ANSYS Academic Research, Using FLEXlm v10.8.0.7 build 26147, Customer 00489194, 200
-  Almeida, R. S. de, “Vibration Analysis of Highway Bridges due Vehicle Traffic on Roughness Pavement Surface”. MSc Dissertation (In Portuguese). Civil Engineering Postgraduate Programme, PGECIV, State University of Rio de Janeiro, UERJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2006.
-  Almeida, R. S. de and Silva, J.G.S. da, “A Stochastic Modelling of the Dynamical Response of Highway Bridge Decks Under Traffic Loads”. ECCM 2006 - III European Conference on Computational Mechanics, 2006.
-  NBR 7188. Carga Móvel em Ponte Rodoviária e Passarela de Pedestre. Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas, Rio de Janeiro/RJ, Brazil, 1984.
-  Clough, R.W. and Penzien J., “Dynamics of Structures”, McGraw-Hill, 634 pages, 1993.
-  Murray, T.M., Allen, D.E. and Ungar, E.E., “Floor Vibration due to Human Activity”, Steel Design Guide Series, AISC, Chicago, USA, 2003.
-  MATLAB® - The Language of Technical Computing, Release 7.0, 2007.
Leitão, F. N.; Silva, J. G. S. da; Andrade, S. A. L. de; "FATIGUE ANALYSIS OF COMPOSITE HIGHWAY BRIDGE DECKS", p. 3861-3878 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19614
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação