setembro 2015 vol. 2 num. 1 - VI Encontro Científico de Física Aplicada
Artigo Completo - Open Access.
EXTENSOMETRIC MEASUREMENTS OF RESIDUAL STRESSES AND ITS COMPARISION TO FINITE ELEMENTS ANALYSIS ON LIGTH ALLOY WHEELS
Many engineering specifications, manufacturing procedures, inspection and quality controls require the evaluation of the residual stress of critical parts of components. The finite elements analysis (FEA) provides a simulational advantage and it is very helpfully in projects aiming manufacturing improvements, thus reducing costs in terms of time and money. This study had as proposal to improve the database of the analysis systems using FEA extending the knowledge of the residual stresses phenomena in wheels using extensometers. To this work were use strain gage to acquire and make available this information available. The residual stress values obtained from the experimental tests by drilling method with rosette type strain gages. The region to test is a critical region (the spokes), showed on FEA simulations. The relevance of the present study and research on residual stresses meets the required effort towards the safety improvements in car’s wheel industry.
Palavras-chave: aluminum wheels, residual stress, extensometer, strain gages, hole drilling.,
-  Assan AE. Finite element analysis first steps. Campinas - Brazil: Ed.; UNICAMP, 2003. (In Portuguese).
-  Lai, M.O., Oh, J.T., Nee, A.Y.C., Applicatons of Fracture Mechanics In Residual Stress Measurement of Cold Worked Holes, ICF International Conference of Frature, Singapure, Singapure, 1991.
-  Holffmann K., An introduction to measurements using strain gages. Darmstadt - Germany: Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnick GmbH, 1989.
-  Beghini M, Bertini I, Santus CA. Procedure for evaluating high residual stresses using the blind hole drilling method, including the effect of plasticity. University of Pisa. Pisa - Italy, p. 301-31 2009.
-  Colosio MA, Santos JC, Ferrante RP. Virtual simulation of residual stress in aluminum wheel designs. SAE International Paper n. 2009-01-0417, Detroit - USA, April 2009.
Cione, F. C.; Martinez, L. G.; Souza, A.C.; Rossi, J. L.; "EXTENSOMETRIC MEASUREMENTS OF RESIDUAL STRESSES AND ITS COMPARISION TO FINITE ELEMENTS ANALYSIS ON LIGTH ALLOY WHEELS", p. 111-115 . In: Anais do VI Encontro Científico de Física Aplicada [=Blucher Physics Proceedings, v.2, n.1]..
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-2359, DOI 10.5151/phypro-vi-efa-026
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação