Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
ELASTIC PROPERTIES COMPUTATIONAL METHODS OF MULTIPHASE PREIMPREGNATED COMPOSITES
The aim of the paper is to determine the upper and lower limits of the homogenized elastic coefficients for a 27% fibers volume fraction Low-Shrink Sheet Molding Compound (LS-SMC) based on a homogenization method as well as to compute four averages of the Young’s and shear moduli of various LS-SMCs with different fibers volume fractions. Since the fibers volume fraction of common LS-SMCs is 27%, to lighten the approach, a 0.27 ellipsoidal inclusion area situated in a square of side 1 is considered. The plane problem will be considered and the homogenized coefficients will be 1 in matrix and 10 in the ellipsoidal inclusion. The structure’s periodicity cell of a 27% fibers volume fraction LS-SMC composite material is presented, where the fibers bundle is seen as an ellipsoidal inclusion. The upper limit of the homogenized coefficients can be estimated computing the quadratic mean of these basic elastic properties taking into account the compounds volume fractions. The lower limit of the homogenized elastic coefficients can be estimated computing the harmonic mean of the basic elasticity properties of the isotropic compounds. A comparison between these moduli and experimental data obtained on a Zwick materials testing machine is also presented.
Palavras-chave: Prepreg, Homogenization, Averaging, Elastic coefficients.,
-  Allaire G., “Shape optimization by the homogenization method”. Springer, 200
-  Bakhvalov N., Panasenko G., “Homogenization. Averaging processes in periodic media: mathematical problems in the mechanics of composite materials”. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1989.
-  Barth T. J., Chan T., Haimes R., “Multiscale and multiresolution methods: theory and applications”. Springer, 2001.
-  Cristescu N. D., Craciun E. M., Soos E., “Mechanics of elastic composites”. Chapman Andamp; Hall/CRC, 2003.
-  Ene H. I., Pasa G. I., “The homogenization method. Applications at composite materials theory”. Romanian Academy Publishing House, Bucharest, 1987 (in Romanian).
-  Hori M., Nemat-Naser S., “On two micromechanics theories for determining micro-macro relations in heterogeneous solids”. Mechanics of Materials 31, 667-682, 1999.
-  Jikov V. V., Kozlov S. M., Oleynik O. A., “Homogenization of differential operators and integral functions”. Springer, 1994.
-  Miehe C., Schröder J., Becker M., “Computational homogenization analysis in finite elasticity: material and structural instabilities on the micro- and macro-scales of periodic composites and their interaction”. Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng. 191, 4971-5005, 2002.
-  Pavliotis A., Stuart A., “Multiscale methods: averaging and homogenization”. Springer, 2008.
-  Teodorescu-Draghicescu H., Vlase S., “Homogenization and averaging methods to predict elastic properties of pre-impregnated composite materials”. Comput. Materials Science 50, 4, 1310-1314, 2011.
Teodorescu-Draghicescu, H.; Vlase, S.; "ELASTIC PROPERTIES COMPUTATIONAL METHODS OF MULTIPHASE PREIMPREGNATED COMPOSITES", p. 715-726 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18094
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação