fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
EFFECT OF BOUNDARY CONDITIONS ON THE HYDRODYNAMICS AND HEAT TRANSFER IN FLUIDIZED BEDS SIMULATIONS
Due to its great industrial application, fluidized beds have been largely studied. With the increase in computational power, researchers started to study these equipments computationally, through CFD (Computational fluid dynamics). This work has the objective to improve fluidized bed simulations by defining the best value of the specularity coefficient, an important parameter related to the boundary condition of the wall. It was found that this parameter not only influences the hydrodynamics of the bed but also the heat transfer coefficient between an immersed heated surface and the bed. Six different specularity coefficients were tested and the results were compared to experimental data. Further studies need to be made in order to verify if the results encountered in this work can be applied in other fluidization states and bed geometries and how other simulation parameters could alter these results.
-  ACOSTA-IBORRA, A.; SOBRINO, C.; HERNÁNDEZ-JIMÉNEZ F.; VEGA, M. Experimental and computational study on the bubble behavior in a 3-D fluidized bed. Chem. Eng. Sci., v. 66, p. 3499-3512, 201
-  Área temática: Fenômenos de Transporte e Sistemas Particulados 7DI NATALE, F.; LANCIA, A.; NIGRO R. Surface-to-bed heat transfer in fluidised beds: Effect of surface shape, Powder Technol., v. 174, p. 75-81, 2007.
-  GIDASPOW, D. Multiphase flow and fluidization: Continuum and kinetic theory descriptions. New York: Academic Press, 1994.
-  JOHNSON, P.; JACKSON, R. Frictional–collisional constitutive relations for granular materials, with application to plane shearing. J. Fluid. Mech., v.176, p. 67–93, 1987.
-  KAMIEN, R. D.; LIU, A. J. Why is Radom Close Packing Reproducible? Phys. Rev. Lett.,v. 99, p. 155501 1-4, 2007.
-  KONG, L.; ZHANG, C.; ZHU J. Evaluation of the effect of wall boundary conditions on numerical simulations of circulating fluidized beds, Particuology, Available online 8 July 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.partic.2013.04.007.
-  LAN X.; XU, C.; GAO, J.; AL-DAHHAN, M. Influence of solid-phase wall boundary condition on CFD simulation of spouted beds. Chem. Eng. Sci., v. 69, p. 419-430, 2012 LI, T.; GRACE, J.; BI, X. Study of wall boundary condition in numerical simulations of bubbling fluidized beds. Powder Technol., v. 203, p. 447-457, 2010a. LI, T.; ZHANG, Y.; GRACE, J. R.; BI, X. Numerical investigation of gas mixing in gas-solid fluidized beds. AIChE J., v. 56, p. 2280–2296, 2010b. LUN, C. K. K.; SAVAGE, S. B.; JEFFREY, D. J.; CHEPURNITY, N. Kinetic theories for granular flow: Inelastic particles in Couette flow and slightly inelastic particles in a general flow field. J. Fluid. Mech., v. 140, p. 223–256, 1984.
-  SHI, D.; NICOLAI R.; REH, L. Wall-to-bed heat transfer in circulating fluidized beds, Chem. Eng. Process, v. 37, p. 287-293, 1998 TAGHIPOUR, F.; ELLIS, N.; WONG, C. Experimental and computational study of gas–solid fluidized bed hydrodynamics. Chem. Eng. Sci., v. 60, p. 6857-6867, 2005.
-  ZHONG, H.; GAO, J.; XU, C.; LAN, X. CFD modeling the hydrodynamics of binary particle mixtures in bubbling fluidized beds: Effect of wall boundary condition. Powder Technol., v. 230, p. 232-240, 2012.
-  ZHOU, X.; GAO, J.; XU, C.; LAN, X. Effect of wall boundary condition on CFD simulation of CFB risers. Particuology, v. 11, p. 556-565, 2013.
BISOGNIN, P. C.; FUSCO, J. M.; SOARES, C.; "EFFECT OF BOUNDARY CONDITIONS ON THE HYDRODYNAMICS AND HEAT TRANSFER IN FLUIDIZED BEDS SIMULATIONS", p. 6329-6336 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-1854-17204-180083
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação