Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
DETECTION OF ARBITRARILY ORIENTED MULTIPLE CRACKS IN LONG SHAFTS
A method has been developed for detection of arbitrarily oriented multiple open cracks in a slender shaft or beam of circular section. The method is based on changes in the natural frequencies of torsion vibrations. It has been verified based on finite element data for shafts with two, three and four cracks. Case studies are presented for shafts with fixed-free and free-free end conditions. Maximum error in the prediction of location is 2 % and size is ~23%. The method can be useful for detection of arbitrarily oriented multiple cracks.
Palavras-chave: Multiple crack detection in long shaft, Detection of arbitrarily oriented cracks in long shaft, Vibration of long shaft with multiple cracks.,
-  Chasalevris A. C. and Papadopoulos C.A., “Identification of multiple cracks in beams under bending”. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 20(7), 1631-1673, 2006.
-  Chaudhari T.D. and Maiti S.K., “Experimental verification of a method of detection of crack in taper and segmented beams based on modelling of transverse vibration”. Int. J. of Fracture, 102(2), L33–L38, 2000.
-  He Z.Y. and Lu Z.Y. , “Time domain identification of multiple cracks in a beam”. Structural Eng. and Mechanics, 35(6), 773-789, 2010.
-  Hu J. and Liang R.Y., “An integrated approach to detection of cracks using vibration characteristics”. J. of Franklin Institute, 330, 841-853, 1993.
-  Joglekar D. M., “Detection of multiple cracks in shafts and beams”, M.Tech. Dissertation, Mechanical Engineering Department, IIT Bombay, India, 2010.
-  Khiem N.T. and Lien T.V., “Multi-crack detection for beam by the natural frequencies”. J. of Sound and Vibration, 273(1-2), 175-184, 2004.
-  Lee J., “Identification of multiple cracks in a beam using natural frequencies”. J. of Sound and Vibration, 320(3), 482-490, 2009.
-  Lele S.P. and Maiti S.K., “Modelling of transverse vibration of short beams for crack detection and measurement of crack extension”. J. of Sound and Vibration, 257(3), 559–583, 2002.
-  Liang R.Y., Choy F.K. and Hu J., “Detection of cracks in beam structures using easurements of natural frequencies”, J. of Franklin Institute, 328, 505-518, 1991.
-  Loutridis S., Douka E. and Trochidis A., “Crack identification in double-cracked beams using wavelet”. J. of Sound and Vibration, 277, 1025–1039, 2004.
-  Loutridis S., Douka E. and Hadjileontiadisc L.J., “Forced vibration behaviour and crack detection of cracked beams using instantaneous frequency, NDT Andamp; E Int., 38(5), 411-419, 2005.
-  Naik S.S. and Maiti S.K., “Triply coupled bending–torsion vibration of Timoshenko and Euler–Bernoulli shaft beams with arbitrarily oriented open crack”. J. of Sound and Vibration, 324, 1067-1085, 2009.
-  Nandwana B.P. and Maiti S.K., “Detection of the location and size of a crack in stepped cantilever beams based on measurements of natural frequencies”. J. of Sound and Vibration, 203(3), 435–446, 1997.
-  Pandey A.K., Biswas M. and Samman M.M., “Damage detection from changes in curvature mode shapes”. J. of Sound and Vibration, 145(2), 321–332, 1991.
-  Papadopoulos C.A. and Dimarogonas A.D., “Coupled longitudinal and bending vibrations of a rotating shaft with an open crack”. J. of Sound and Vibration, 117(1), 81–93, 1987.
-  Patil D.P. and Maiti S.K., “Detection of multiple cracks using frequency measurements”. Eng. Fracture Mechanics, 70(12), 1553–1572, 2003.
-  Rizos P.F., Aspragathos N. and Dimarogonas A.D., “ Identification of crack location and magnitude in a cantilever beam from the vibration modes”. J. of Sound and Vibration, 138(3), 381–388, 1990.
-  Ruotolo R. and Surace C., “Damage assessment of multiple cracked beams:Numerical results and experimental validation”. J. of Sound and Vibration, 206(4), 567–588, 1997.
-  Sekhar A.S., “Multiple crack effects and identification”, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 22(4), 845-878, 2008.
-  Xiaoqing Z., Qiang H. and Feng L., “Analytical approach for detection of multiple cracks in a beam”. J. of Engineering Mechanics, 136(3), 345–357, 2010.
Mitra, D M Joglekar S K Maiti M; "DETECTION OF ARBITRARILY ORIENTED MULTIPLE CRACKS IN LONG SHAFTS", p. 808-821 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18129
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação