Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
DETECTING OPEN CRAKS INSIDE BEAMS USING THE BEM AND WAVELET TRANSFORM
There are several techniques of non-destructive damage detection in structures. However, these techniques are expensive and require an accurate examination of large extension of the structure under analysis. The numerical techniques can be helpful for non- destructive exam-ination of structures. Such techniques may show a possible location of damage and thus de-crease substantially the area to be examined and, consequently, may turn the non-destructive tests less expensive. Among many numerical methods, the boundary element method presents positive attributes that can be used in formulations proposed to solve the problem of detect-ing damages in structures such as beams. Generally, the problem of detecting damages is a ill-posed problem and the common approach used is the comparison of signatures obtained before and after the onset of damage. The signatures maybe defined in terms of displace-ments, mode shapes, strains or stresses. In this article, the methods based on Wavelet Trans-form associated with the boundary element technique will be combined with the scope to detect the position of a damage just using the damaged response of the actual structure. After presenting the formulation, numerical applications for detecting damages in beams under static loads are presented and discussed.
Palavras-chave: damage, beam, wavelet.,
-  P. E. Gill, W. Murray, M. H. Write, “Pratical Optimization”. London, Academic Press(1982).
-  R. L. Fox, “Optimization Method for Engineering Design”. Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley(1971).
-  M. Dorigo, T. Stutzle, “Ant Colony Optimization”. Wiley-ISTE.(1971).
-  E S.Estrada, “Damage detection methods in bridges trough vibration monitoring: evalua-tion and application”. PhD. Thesis, Universityof Minho, 2008.
-  R. S. Y. C. Silva, “Determinação de patologias estruturais utilizando modelagem numérica e transformadas de wavelet”. MS. Thesis. University of Brasilia. Department of Civil Engineering, 2011.
-  B. Dorri, “Solution of Inverse Heat Conduction Problems Using Boundary Integral Meth-od”. General Eletric. CRD Report, 1987.
-  C. A.Brebbia,J. Dominguez, “Boundary Elements An Introductory Course”. WIT Press/Computational Mechanics,1992.
-  F. A. G. Lourenço. “Análise de Reparos de Trincas Através do Método dos Elementos de Contorno” PhD. Thesis. University of Campinas, 2000.
Silva, R. S. Y. C.; Bezerra, L. M.; Peña, L. A. P.; "DETECTING OPEN CRAKS INSIDE BEAMS USING THE BEM AND WAVELET TRANSFORM", p. 3278-3286 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19292
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação