fevereiro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Full Article - Open Access.
Designing through the loop: programming as a tool for aesthetic creation in the field of graphic design
This paper will discuss the advent of programming and the creation of software as a methodology in graphic design. This will be achieved through the exploration of three main areas of interest: the history of these practices, the tools, methodologies and concepts necessary to understand this type of work, and a critical examination of current work related to this field.
Palavras-chave: Graphic design, Programming, New media, Digital aesthetics,
-  Gerstner, K. (2007). Designing Programmes. 3rd ed. Baden, Switzerland: Lars Muller Publishers.
-  Kidd, G. 1990. Type with a brain behind its face: Anarchy and the Typographer. MacPublishing, 1(7): 33 - 34.
-  Maeda, J. 1999. Design by numbers. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press.
-  Maeda, J. 2000. [email protected] New York: Rizzoli.
-  2011. MIT Media Lab Identity. http://www.thegreeneyl.com/mit-medialab-identity-1 (last accessed 05/24/11)
-  Reas, C. And Fry, B. 2007. B. Processing: A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists. Cambridge: The MIT Press.
-  Reas, C., Mcwilliams, C., And Lust. 2010. Form+Code in Design, Art, and Architecture. New York: Princeton Architectural Press.
SILVA-JETTER, Jorge; "Designing through the loop: programming as a tool for aesthetic creation in the field of graphic design", p. 307-311 . In: Farias, Priscila Lena; Calvera, Anna; Braga, Marcos da Costa & Schincariol, Zuleica (Eds.). Design frontiers: territories, concepts, technologies [=ICDHS 2012 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2012.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0692-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação