setembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 2 - V Encontro Científico de Física Aplicada
Artigo Completo - Open Access.
Cyclic evolution of residual stresses on a dry race of thrust rolling bearing mapped by XRD
Artigo Completo :
Nowadays, minimum lubrication is imperious in mechanical systems and its upper limit is the “dry condition”. Similarly, materials, manufacturing processes, heat treatments, mounting and maintenance of these systems are constrained on high competitive cost matrix that constitutes a complex scenario of the residual stresses and material strength points-of-view. The aim of this investigation was measure the cyclic evolution of residual stresses on a race of a 51100 thrust rolling bearing manufactured of DIN 100Cr6 steel after tests in a tribometer under a dry condition. The Sin²ψ XRD method was used for mapping these residual stresses. Three zones on circumferential and radial directions of the rolling race, after 104, 105 cycles and at collapse were selected for the evaluation and compared to the new (“as received”) condition. Central tendency and dispersion of the measurements are discussed and compared to published data. Keywords: Residual stresses, X-Ray Diffraction, Structural Integrity, Tribology.
Artigo Completo :
Palavras-chave: Residual stresses, X-Ray Diffraction, Structural Integrity, Tribology,
-  LU, J. Handbook of Measurement of Residual stresses, vol. SEM, Bethel 1996.
-  CHOI, Y. A study on the effects of machining-induced residual stress on rolling contact fatigue International Journal of Fatigue 31, p. 1517–1523, 2009.
-  COTO, B. et al.; Influences of turning parameters in surface residual stresses in AISI 4340 steel, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. p. 911–919, 2011
-  TELLES, P.C.S., Tubulações industriais: materiais, projeto e desenho - Rio de Janeiro: LTC Livros Técnicos e Científicos Editora S.A., Reimpressão 2008, 10ª Edição, 2001.
-  NOYAN, I.C.; COHEN J.B., Residual Stress, Springer-Verlag: New York, 1987.
-  JOUINI, N.; et al.; The ability of precision hard turning to increase rolling contact fatigue life, Tribology International p. 141–146, 2013.
Carvalho Filho, E.T.; Medeiros, J.S.; Medeiros, J.T.N.; Martinez, L. G.; "Cyclic evolution of residual stresses on a dry race of thrust rolling bearing mapped by XRD", p. 102-104 . In: Anais do V Encontro Científico de Física Aplicada [= Blucher Physics Proceedings, n.1, v.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-2359, DOI 10.5151/phypro-ecfa-047
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação