Junho 2014 vol. 2 num. 3 - 1st International Seminar on Industrial Innovation in Electrochemistry
Artigo Completo - Open Access.
Cure Characteristics of Industrial Commercial Paint Using Diffusion Wave Spectroscopy and the Some Properties of Paint Film Determinated by Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
As a contribution to the First International Seminar on Industrial Innovation in Electrochemistry - S3iE - held in Curitiba-Pr, Brazil on 16-17 September 2013 a collaborative work between an institute for applied research and supplier of paints for industrial applications, is presented. In this work the kinetics of the cure paint film based on epoxy high solid with VOC-volatile organic compounds was studied by Multi-Speckle Diffusion Wave Spectroscopy technique. The resistivity of paint film was determined by electrochemical impedance spectroscopy-EIS. VOC paints have industrial applications that require high resistance to corrosion and wear. The control of the kinetics of paints film is of topmost importance to manufacturers and users in diverse industrial applications in different substrates and conditions. In the kinetics studies of film process formation there is three distinct stages. The first stage was attributed to evaporation of the solvent with a small decrease in the fluidity factor. The second stage present a pronounced decrease of the fluidity factor, consequence of increased viscosity of the paint and reorganization of solid paint particles was observed. The last stage is the cohesion of the paint film, i.e., a complete cure. The Diffusion Wave Spectroscopy technique used to study the kinetic of cure of the paint films showed to be very useful to monitor and display the movement of the laser light scattering within the paint films as a function of time. The chemical characterization of the cured film was done by infrared spectroscopy measurement and for EIS measurements a sample of carbon steel was covered with commercial paint.
Palavras-chave: Paint film, Kinetics of cure, Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy, Diffusion Wave Spectroscopy,
-  Brun, A. Dihang, H. and Brunel, L. Film formation of coatings studied by diffusing-wave spectroscopy. Progress in Organic Coatings 61 (2008) 181–19 61 (2008) 181–19
-  Brun, A., Brunel, L. and Snabre, P. Adaptive speckle imaging interferometry (ASII): New technology for advanced drying analysis of coatings. Surface Coatings International Part B: Coatings Transactions 251 Vol 89, B3, 193–268, September 2006.
-  Berton, M.A.C., Marangoni, P.R.D., Vicente-Jr, N. Cinética da Cura de Filmes de Tinta Industrial pela Técnica de Espectroscopia de Difusão de Onda. Article presented during the INTERCORR 2014, in Fortaleza-CE, Brazil 19-23 May of 2014. Organized by ABRACO –Brazilian Association of Corrosion. Paper number 292.
-  Beaunier, L., Epelboin, I., Lestrade, J. C. and Takenouti, H., Surf. Technol., vol. 4 (1976) 237.
-  González, M. G., Cabanelas, J. C. and Baselga, J. Infrared Spectroscopy – Materials Science, Engineering and Technology. Edited by Prof. Theophanides Theophile. Applications of FTIR on Epoxy Resins – Identification, Monitoring the Curing Process, Phase Separation and Water Uptake. Publisher InTech. Chapter 13.Pg. 262-284.
Berton, M.A.C.; Marangoni, Paulo R.D.; Vicente Júnior, Nério; Malinovski, Sandro; "Cure Characteristics of Industrial Commercial Paint Using Diffusion Wave Spectroscopy and the Some Properties of Paint Film Determinated by Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy", p. 77-84 . In: In Proceedings of the 1st International Seminar on Industrial Innovation in Electrochemistry [=Blucher Chemistry Proceedings]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2014.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-4043, ISBN: 978-85-8039-088-9
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação