Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
COMPARISON ANALYSIS AMONG DIFFERENT CALCULATION METHODS FOR THE STATIC STABILITY EVALUATION OF TAILING DAM
The static stability evaluation of tailing dam is one of the most important tasks in the mine environmental protection project. The methods for the static stability calculation were discussed in this paper, which were Swedish Circle Method, Janbu Method, Bishop Method, Finite Element Method and Strength Reduction Finite Element Method (SRFEM) with five different failure criterions considered. The analysis results show that the failure sur-face simulated by SRFEM was closed to the result of classical method, and the safety factor by SRFEM with D-P3 failure criterion was much more closed to the one got from the Felleni-us Method. So, it is feasible to evaluate the static stability of tailing dam through SRFEM. Also, it indicates that the finite element method and SRFEM are suitable to simulate practical engineering with the complicated cross section and non-linear materials.
Palavras-chave: Tailing dam, SRFEM, Static stability evaluation,
-  Zheng Y. R., Zhao S. Y., Song Y. K., “Advance of study on the strength reduction finite element method”. Journal of Logistical Engineering University. 3, 1-6, 2005.
-  Zheng Y. R., Zhao S. Y., “Application of strength reduction fem in soil and rock slope”. Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering. 19, 3381-3388, 2004.
-  Dawson E. M, Roth W. H., Drescher A. “Slope stability analysis by strength reduction”. Geotechnique. 49, 835~840, 1999.
-  Jiang G. L., Magnan J. P., “Stability Analysis of Embankments comparison of limit analy-sis with methods of slices”. Geotechnique. 47, 857-872, 1997.
-  Wan S. H., Nian T. K., Jinag J. C., Luan M. T. “Discussion on several issues in slope sta-bility analysis based on shear strength reduction finite element methods”. Rock and Soil Mechanics. 7,2283-2316, 2010.
-  Zou J. Z., Willianms D. J., Xiong W. L., “Search for critical slip surface base on Finite Element Method”. Canadian Geotechnical Journal. 32, 233-246, 1995.
-  Griffiths D. V., Lane P. A., “Slope stability analysis by finite elements”. Geotechnique. 49, 387-403, 1999.
-  Zhao S. Y., Zheng Y. R., Zhang Y. F., “Study on slope failure criterion in strength reduc-tion finite element method”. Rock and Soil Mechanics. 26, 332-336, 2005.
-  Zhao S. Y., Zheng Y. R., Liu M. W., Qian K D. “Definition and transformation of slope safety factor based on drucker-prager criterion”. Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering. 25, 2730-2734, 2006.
-  Liang L., LI M., WANG W., CHEN Bao-zhi. “Numerical analysis method of tailing dam stability”. Journal of Safety Science and Technology. 5, 11-15, 2007.
-  Li M., Liang L., Wang W., LIU Dongxia. “Study on antiskiding stability safety factor of dam slope by shear strength reduction finite element methods”. Journal of safety science and technology. 2, 83-86, 2012.
Li, M.; Liang, L.; Li, X.; "COMPARISON ANALYSIS AMONG DIFFERENT CALCULATION METHODS FOR THE STATIC STABILITY EVALUATION OF TAILING DAM", p. 4967-4974 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-20182
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação