Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
CAD-BASED MULTI-OBJECTIVE SHAPE OPTIMIZATION METHOD WITH META-PARAMETERS
Current design loops for shape optimizations allows significant improvements in relation to the functions that need to be optimized, and are widely used in industry. Among these approaches, parametric shape optimization allows rapid enhancement of the shape, on the condition that the design space is confined enough in order to be explored within a reasonable computational time. This paper introduces a CAD-based large-scale shape optimization method for products requiring significant computational cost, for instance in multiphysics simulations. A two-step scheme is used to achieve the intended results. The first step is to build a base of meta-parameters from an initial learning set. The number of meta-parameters is defined according to the final computational cost that is intended. These meta-parameters are generated by an artificial neural network pre-trained on a sample set of simulations. The meta-parameters represent a combination of parameters having a similar influence towards the variation of objective functions. Subsequently, the previous meta-parameters are used to rapidly reach a limited design space close to the optimum. To prove the efficiency and accuracy of the method, the workflow schedule is applied on shape optimization of a car body. The objective is to optimize both the side force coefficient and the yaw moment coefficient, all while taking into account the drag coefficient.
Palavras-chave: Shape optimization, Parameterization, Multiphysics,
-  First A. A., Second B. B., “Example of nice winter weather”. Int. J. Winter Weat. 7, 8-13, 2012. Saitou A., Izui K., Nishiwaki S., Papalambros P., “A survey of structural optimization in mechanical product development”. Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering. 5, 214-226, 2005.
-  Roy R., Hinduja S., Teti R., “Recent advances in engineering design optimization: Challenges and future trend”. CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology. 57, 697-715, 2008.
-  Le C., Bruns T., Tortorelli D., “A gradient-based, parameter-free approach to shape optimization”. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. 200, 985-996, 2011.
-  Kim N. H., Choi K. K., Chen J. S., “Die shape design optimization of sheet metal stamping process using meshfree method”. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering. 51, 1385-1405, 2001.
-  Bendsoe M. P., Sigmund O., “Topology Optimization: Theory, Methods and Applications”. Springer Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg. ISBN 3-540-42992-1, 2003.
-  Suh M. W., Lee J. H., Cho K. Y., Kim S. I., “Section property method and section shape method for the optimum design of vehicle body structures”. International Journal of Vehicle Design. 30, 115-134, 2002.
-  Harzheim L., Graf G., “Topshape: An attempt to create design proposals including manufacturing constraints”. International Journal of Vehicle Design. 28, 389-409, 2002.
-  Rais-Rohani M., Solanki K. N., Acar E., Eamon C. D., “Shape and sizing optimization of automotive structures with deterministic and probabilistic design constraints”. International Journal of Vehicle Design. 54, 309-338, 2010.
-  Ponthot J. P., Kleinermann J. P., “Optimization methods for initial/tool shape optimization in metal forming processes”. International Journal of Vehicle Design. 39, 14-24, 2005.
-  Hucho W. H., “Aerodynamics of Road Vehicles”. SAE International. ISBN 978-0-7680- 0029-0, 59-97, 1998.
-  Blazek J., “Computational Fluid Dynamics: principles and applications”. Elsevier. ISBN 978-0-08-044506-9, 2005.
-  Vyshinsky V.V., Dorofeev Y. A., Sviridenko Y. N., “Fast aerodynamic design technologies”. 27th International Congress of the Aeronautical Sciences. 2010.
Froment, P.; Gillot, F.; Jezequel, L.; Tourbier, Y.; "CAD-BASED MULTI-OBJECTIVE SHAPE OPTIMIZATION METHOD WITH META-PARAMETERS", p. 2854-2866 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19050
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação