Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
BALL BEARING VIBRATION MONITORING FOR FAULT DETECTION BY THE ENVELOPE TECHNIQUE
This paper presents an application of Hilbert Transform in a method based on vibration analysis by demodulation for identification of bearing failures. This technique is known as Envelope Technique. Initially, a test rig is adjusted and modified in order to acquire the vibration signals from a test bearing under load and rotational speed conditions. Then, experimental tests are performed on ball bearings with induced damage on outer/inner races, which are a very common situation for incipient bearing failure. Several cases are studied, varying the severity/location of the defect and service load condition. Then, it is implemented a software to perform the extraction of the spectrum envelope, that contains the bearing failure signature, using Hilbert transform from the original acceleration waveform. Spectrum envelopes of healthy and defective bearings are compared with the characteristic bearing defect frequencies. The results presented the effectiveness of the method for the studied cases.
Palavras-chave: Ball bearing fault detection, Hilbert transform, Envelope spectrum,
-  Arato Junior, A. “Manutenção preditiva usando análise de vibrações”. Barueri: Manole, 2004.
-  Bezerra, R. A. “Detecção de falhas em rolamentos por análise de vibração”. D.Sc. Thesis, FEM, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brasil, 2004.
-  Feldman, M. “Hilbert Transform in vibration analysis”. Mechanical systems and signal processing, 25:735-802, 2011.
-  Haykin, S. “An introduction to analog and digital communication”. New York: John Wiley Andamp; Sons, 1989.
-  Juvinall, R. C. and Marshek, K. M. “Fundamentals of machine component design”, 2nd edition. New York: John Wiley Andamp; Sons, 1991.
-  Liang, M. and Bozchalooi, I. S. “An energy operator approach to joint application of amplitude and frequency-demodulations for bearing fault detection”. Mechanical systems and signal processing, 24:1473-1494, 2010.
-  Mitchell, J. S. “Introduction to machinery analysis and monitoring”, 2nd edition. Oklahoma: Penn Well Books, 1993.
-  Nepomuceno, L. X. “Técnicas de manutenção preditiva”. São Paulo: Editora Edgard Blücher, 1989.
-  Nikolaou, N. G. and Antoniadis, I. A. “Rolling element bearing fault diagnosis using wavelet packets”. NDTAndamp;E International, 35: 197-205, 2002.
-  Proakis, J. G. and Manolakis, D. G. “Introduction to digital signal processing”. New York: Macmillan, 1988.
-  Randall, R. B. “Frequency analysis”, 3rd edition. Naerum: Brüel Andamp; Kjaer, 1987.
-  Su, W., Wang, F., Zhu, H., Zhang, Z. and Guo, Z. “Rolling element bearing faults diagnosis based on optimal Morlet wavelet filter and autocorrelation enhancement”. Mechanical systems and signal processing, 24:1458-1472, 2010.
-  William, P. E. and Hoffman, M. W. “Identification of bearing faults using time domain zero-crossings”. Mechanical systems and signal processing, 25:1096-1216, 2011.
Alegranzi, S. B.; Gonçalves, J. F.; Gomes, H. M.; "BALL BEARING VIBRATION MONITORING FOR FAULT DETECTION BY THE ENVELOPE TECHNIQUE", p. 4113-4125 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19745
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação